St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
September 8, 2016
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up to date information.
Attachments in this Issue:
FC Irish Apparel Catalog (FC Cheerleader fundraiser)
FC Irish Apparel Order Form (FC Cheerleader fundraiser)
- This Friday, September 9 – K-8 Picture Day! Please dress nicely for picture day (follow the casual day policy) or wear your school uniform. Preschool pictures will take place at the end of October.
- This Saturday, September 10 – Protecting God’s Children session here at St. Mary Church at 9:00AM in the Spirit Center. Participation in this program is a Diocesan requirement for those who wish to volunteer in any capacity in our school. To register, please visit www.virtus.org.
- Thursday, September 15 – Tuition payments due.
From the Principal’s Office:
- Please contact the school office at 740-654-1632 if your child will not be at school for any reason. Please remember to send an excuse note to the office after your child has missed school.
Home and School:
- Attention Parents! Please review the list of volunteer opportunities on our school website under the “Parents” tab. Sign up is easy with our “Sign up Genius” link! We cannot do anything without YOU!
- Holiday Happening planning meeting Thursday, September 15! Please join us!
- We are no longer collecting ink cartridges for recycling. Please do not send any more to the school. Thank you!
- Need a Spirit Shirt? Stop by the office and purchase any shirt we have on hand or see what’s available by visiting the school website (go to Parents then St. Mary Spirit Store). Send payment (cash or check made out to SMHS Spirit Store) and order form in an envelope marked “Spirit Store.” The shirts will be delivered to students. Any questions, please email Paula Maier at email@example.com.
- Christy’s Pizza Cards for sale! Purchase a card with SIX buy one get one free sticker coupons for only $25.00! A portion of the proceeds comes back to our school.
- Please support our school by ordering meals through Schwan’s! They deliver right to your door! Use this link to place your order: https://www.schwans-cares.com/campaigns/27129-saint-mary-school-e2-enlighten-and-enrichment.
- Buy gift cards for items you are already going to purchase from our SCRIP program and a portion of the card amount will go towards your tuition! Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month and earn casual day passes for your children the following month. SCRIP is processed on Monday mornings in the Copy Room. Send your order in ahead of time with your child or stop in Mondays 8:00-10:00am, and/or Fridays 2:15-3:00pm. Call Judy McGonagle 740-215-8456 or Amy Conrad 740-438-0689 with questions, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be sure to check your child’s classroom announcements through your School Speak account each week!
Preschool and Kids CARE:
- All forms must be returned in order for your child to attend Kids CARE per licensing rules! We appreciate your cooperation!
From the Cafeteria:
- Our cafeteria is in need of volunteers to help serve lunch! Volunteers must have Protecting God’s Children and a background check.
- Your family may qualify for free or reduced lunch prices! All information is kept strictly confidential. Please contact the school office for an application at 740-654-1632.
- St. Mary Parish Picnic Sunday, September 18 from 12:30-3:00pm. Please join us for food, fellowship, and festivities! Bring a dish to share with a serving spoon according your last name (see the parish bulletin for the list).
- Unlocking the Mystery of the Bible by Jeff Cavins DVD study sessions open to all on Thursday evenings, 7:00-8:30 pm, from September 29-November 17. Registration is due by September 12. Contact Brian McCauley for more information.
- The next gathering of Sandwich Saturday will be September 24 at 8:00 am in the Spirit Center. Come join us for fellowship while we feed the hungry in our community! Donations are always welcome (we have enough baggies). Call Alishia Snoke at 740-407-5870 with any questions.
- St. Mary’s Cub Scout Pack is kicking off the new school year and enrollment is open to any 1st through 5th grade boy that is interested. This year we will be camping, fishing, racing model cars and building boats! It is a great program to teach young boys leadership, cooperation and compassion while having fun. If you are interested, please contract Justin Pike at 740-438-1733.
- The Fisher Catholic Cheerleaders are selling Irish apparel to help raise money for new uniforms. Please help support the cheerleaders by placing your order today! Mail order forms and money to Fisher Catholic 1803 Granville Pike Lancaster, OH 43130, attn: Erin Hesterman. Make all checks payable to Fisher Catholic. All orders must be received by September 16th. Please contact coach Erin Hesterman at email@example.com you have any questions. Thanks so much for all your support! Go Irish! *\o/*
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder to the school secretary by 2:30 pm on Tuesdays.