St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
September 3, 2015
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up to date information.
Attachments in this Issue:
- NO SCHOOL MONDAY ~ LABOR DAY!
- K-8 school pictures will be Friday, September 11. Order forms will be sent home will all students in grades K-8 today. Preschool pictures and retakes will be Wednesday, October 28.
- All students in grades K-8 will go to school Mass every Tuesday, unless otherwise noted on the online school calendar.
- Middle school boys in grades 6-8 are required to wear their uniform ties on Mass and Benediction days only until October 5.
From the Office:
- Thanks to our new remote access system, the doors to our buildings now auto-unlock and auto-relock for student arrival each morning!
- Please remember to send an excuse note to the office after your child has missed school.
- Please turn in your emergency medical cards and handbook sign-off forms.
- Remember to contact the school office, 740-654-1632, if your child will not be at school for any reason.
Home and School:
- First meeting will be this morning! September 3, at 8 a.m. in the copy room of St. Mary School. All parents are welcome!
- The Spirit Store t-shirt supplier is increasing prices. Current pricing will be honored for orders returned to the school by Friday, September 4 (before Labor Day weekend). Please include cash or check made out to SMHS (St Mary Home & School). You may get your items the same day if we have in the display case. If they are not in the display case it may take 2 weeks. After September 4 you can still order the same shirts at a higher price until the supply of Saint Mary imprints are depleted. We will be working with our current supplier or new suppliers to place bulk orders to get the prices down for you. Currently, this is not a fundraiser for SMHS so you are paying what our supplier is asking for the item. If you have any ideas on ways to improve the Spirit Store or if you have any suggestions for potential suppliers, please send an email to Paula Maier at email@example.com.
- SMS Teacher’s Association Fall Mum Sale for Tuition Assistance! Friday Sept. 18th from 2:15-3:15pm. Front lawn of the school. Cash and Carry ONLY. $6.00 each for 9″ oversized plant. Assorted Colors. Only 50 available! 1st come 1st served!
- Want to get a SCRIP casual day pass for your child? Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month to earn casual day passes for the following month. You buy gift cards for items you are already going to purchase, and the school earns a portion of the card amount. We will be processing SCRIP on Monday mornings, in the Copy Room (beside the Spirit Store case, across from the gym). Click here for an order form, and you can send your order in ahead of time with your child, or stop in Mondays 8-10, and Friday after school 2:15-3. Questions? Call Judy McGonagle740-215-8456 or Amy Conrad 740-438-0689, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- It’s time to print your Kroger Community Rewards quarterly statement. If you are already enrolled, simply log into your account and printout your Account Summary that shows your last quarter donation and send it into SCRIP so you can get your tuition credit!
- KROGER REWARDS: Not registered? Please consider registering your Kroger Plus Card. Go to Kroger’s website and click on Community! Log in, and click on “my account”. If you scroll all the way down you will find “rewards”. Simply enter our number “83479” and that’s it! You and St Mary can earn money!
- Be sure to check your child’s classroom announcements through your SchoolSpeak account each week!
- We’re collecting supplies for our Art room! Items needed are:
- Unscented baby wipes
- Watercolor paper pads
- Disposable cups/bowls
- Masking tape
- Ziplock bags
- Thank you to everyone who has donated so far!
Preschool and Kids CARE:
- All forms must be returned in order for your child to attend Kids CARE per licensing rules! We appreciate your cooperation!
From the Cafeteria:
- Your family may qualify for free or reduced lunch prices! All information is kept strictly confidential. Please contact the school office for an application at 740-654-1632.
From Our Parish:
- Mark your calendars for our St. Mary of the Assumption Parish Picnic on Sunday, September 13!
- There will be a sacramental preparation meeting for the parents all children making all sacraments this school year at St. Mary of the Assumption. The meeting will be held on Sunday, September 20 at 10:00am in the Spirit Center. This meeting is required in order for your child to make his/her sacraments. Please contact Mr. Brian McCauley with questions.
- McKenzie Ortiz, a Junior at Fisher Catholic High School and a graduate of St. Mary School, is collecting used eyeglasses in conjunction with the Lancaster and Tarhe Lions Clubs for her Junior Service Project. Lenscrafters charitable cause “One Sight” will transport all the eyeglasses to the Ohio University College of Optometry, where doctors and students will take them to Lima, Peru for needy adults and children. A collection box for eyeglasses is located outside the school office in the main building for this wonderful cause.
- Gear up for the Fisher Festival Saturday, September, 19th from NOON – 11pm. Fun ALL Day Long! Inflatables, Children’s Games, Face Painting, Concessions, K of C Fish Fry, Adult Games of Skill, Beer Garden, Arts & Crafts Show, and so much more! Don’t forget about our annual Mattress Sale going on the same day too! If you’d like to reserve space for the Arts & Crafts Show, have animals to show in the Petting Zoo, or would like to perform in front of the outdoor stage, please contact Eileen Gundelfinger at 740-277-7063.
- Irish4Life News: Mark your calendars for our first PANCAKE BREAKFAST of the year, September 20 from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM in the FCHS cafeteria. Remember it is all you care to eat blueberry, chocolate chip, or regular pancakes as well as sausage, coffee, milk, and juice! All it costs is your generous donation to help offset the cost of the annual March for Life in January. If you have any questions you can email Mr. Holbrook (email@example.com) or call the school (740-654-1231).
- Love horses? Want to learn to ride? Come join the fun! Horseback riding lessons and equestrian education are being offered at Mr. and Mrs. Foura’s stables, conveniently located at 267 Rainbow Drive NE, Lancaster. We have gentle horses and a very knowledgeable, experienced instructor. Lessons are $40.00 for one hour and $30.00 for one-half hour. Training for your horse is also available. Please call 740-654-1367 with questions or to schedule.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder News to the Mrs. Schmelzer by 2:30pm on Tuesdays.