St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
September 29, 2016
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up to date information.
- SHORTS WILL BE PERMITTED FOR AN ADDITIONAL WEEK (see “From the Principal’s Office” below for more information).
- Today – CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WEEK ALL DEANERY SCHOOLS MASS at St. Mary of the Assumption at 10:00am (students must wear uniforms to school). Please join us!
- Friday, September 30 – Catholic Schools Week “Recycle and Care for the Earth Day!” Spirit Day and/or wear something green, learn about recycling.
- Sunday, October 2 – Confirmation prep session for St. Mary Parish 10:00 am in the Spirit Center.
- Thursday, October 6 – Home and School Parent Association meeting and Holiday Happening planning meeting 7:00 pm in the copy room. All parents are welcome!
From the Principal’s Office:
- THE LAST DAY TO WEAR SHORTS WILL BE FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7. Please make sure your child dresses for the weather each day and has a school fleece, light jacket, sweater, or sweatshirt on cooler mornings with his/her name inside so we can make sure it is returned to right owner.
- Save your Campbells Soup Labels and Box Tops for Education! Send in your soup labels to Mrs. Novena, and your Box Tops for Education to Mrs. Lipp. Our school earns money for collecting and submitting these coupons, which we use to enhance the educational materials for your students!
Home and School:
- Please review the list of volunteer opportunities on our school website under the “Parents” tab. Sign up is easy with our “Sign up Genius” link! We cannot do anything without our awesome volunteers, especially our school parents and grandparents!!
- Need a Spirit Shirt? Stop by the office and purchase any shirt we have on hand or see what’s available by visiting the school website (go to Parents then St. Mary Spirit Store). Send payment (cash or check made out to SMHS Spirit Store) and order form in an envelope marked “Spirit Store.” Shirts will be delivered to students. Any questions, please email Paula Maier at email@example.com.
- Christy’s Pizza Cards for sale! Purchase a card with SIX buy one get one free sticker coupons for only $25.00! A portion of the proceeds comes back to our school.
- Please support our school by ordering meals through Schwan’s! They deliver right to your door! Use this link to place your order: https://www.schwans-cares.com/campaigns/27129-saint-mary-school-e2-enlighten-and-enrichment.
- Buy gift cards for items you are already going to purchase from our SCRIP program and a portion of the card amount will go towards your tuition! Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month and earn a casual day pass for your child the following month. Until further notice, we will not be selling Scrip on Friday after school. Please send your orders in on Monday or stop in the copy room by 10:00 am, to allow time for the orders to be entered and processed for delivery by Wednesday. Call Judy McGonagle 740-215-8456 or Amy Conrad 740-438-0689 with questions, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It’s time to print your quarterly statement for the Kroger Community Rewards. Please send in a copy of your statement that shows your rewards contribution for St. Mary School and we will add it to your account. Make sure your name is on the statement so we can add it to the right account. KROGER REWARDS: Not registered? Please consider registering your Kroger Plus Card. Go to Kroger’s website and click on Community! Log in, and click on “my account”. If you scroll all the way down you will find “rewards”. Simply enter our number “83479” and that’s it! You and St Mary can earn money.
From the Cafeteria:
- Our cafeteria is in need of volunteers to help serve lunch! Volunteers must have Protecting God’s Children and a background check.
- Family Rosary Day Sunday, October 9, 3:00 pm at St. Joseph Cathedral with Bishop Campbell celebrating. All are welcome to attend!
- St. Mary’s Cub Scout Packis kicking off the new school year and enrollment is open to any 1st through 5th grade boy that is interested. This year we will be camping, fishing, racing model cars and building boats! It is a great program to teach young boys leadership, cooperation and compassion while having fun. If you are interested, please contract Justin Pike at 740-438-1733.
- Time for McDonald’s High School Team Challenge! Vote at HighSchoolTeamChallenge.com. Schools with the most votes will win McDonald’s Activities Grant to offset activities fees or related expenses! 1st Place: $10,000 2nd Place: $5,000 3rd Place: $2,500. **Fisher Catholic won the 1st place prize a couple years ago – Let’s support our High School! We can do this!
- Fairfield County Fair Workers – Please visit the SignUp Genius site to assist Fisher Catholic with this fundraiser. Fisher Catholic supplies volunteers at each gate to simply take tickets – no selling is involved! This is easy work for which we are paid by the Fairfield County Fair Board.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder to the school secretary by 2:30 pm on Tuesdays.