St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
September 22, 2016
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up to date information.
- Today – Interim reports posted on School Speak.
- Friday, September 23 – Spirit Day!
- Saturday, September 24 – Sandwich Saturday at St. Mary Parish (see “Community News” below for information).
- Catholic Schools Week is next week! Our theme for the week’s activities will be “Caring for God’s Creation,” which is the first focus of our Catholic Identity goal for accreditation and is also a reflection of the encyclical from Pope Francis titled “Laudato Si: On Care for our Common Home.” Each day, the students and staff will learn more about the conservation of and care for our natural resources. We’ll have casual days on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday with a different theme for each day. On Thursday we will host a Mass for all of our Deanery schools here at St. Mary Parish and all are invited to join us!
- Monday, September 26 – Catholic Schools Week “Solar Day!” Casual day, wear something yellow and/or orange, learn about energy conservation. Fisher Catholic visits grades 5-8.
- Tuesday, September 27 – Catholic Schools Week “Colors of Creation Day!” Casual day, middle school wear House t-shirts, all other grades wear your favorite color, House competitions.
- Wednesday, September 28 – Catholic Schools Week “Hydro Day!” Casual day, wear something blue, learn about water conservation.
- Thursday, September 29 – WEAR UNIFORMS. CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WEEK ALL DEANERY SCHOOLS MASS at St. Mary of the Assumption at 10:00am.
- Friday, September 30 – Catholic Schools Week “Recycle and Care for the Earth Day!” Spirit Day and/or wear something green, learn about recycling.
From the Principal’s Office:
- A test call for our emergency system will be made today around 3:00pm. If you do not receive the call this afternoon, please contact Mrs. Schmelzer in the school office and we will verify your information in our system. Thank you!
- As the cooler weather approaches, please make sure your child has his/her name in their school fleece, sweaters, sweatshirts, and/or jackets so we can make sure they get returned to right owner. We will evaluate anticipated temperatures for the beginning of October and announce next week if students will be permitted to wear shorts beyond September 30! Stay tuned!
- Class field trips are now being posted on our online school calendar for our school community!
- Save your Campbells Soup Labels and Box Tops for Education!Send in your soup labels to Mrs. Novena, and your Box Tops for Education to Mrs. Lipp. Our school earns money for collecting and submitting these coupons, which we use to enhance the educational materials for your students!
Home and School:
- Please review the list of volunteer opportunities on our school website under the “Parents” tab. Sign up is easy with our “Sign up Genius” link! We cannot do anything without our awesome volunteers, especially our school parents and grandparents!!
- Please support our school by ordering meals through Schwan’s! They deliver right to your door! Use this link to place your order: Schwan’s Cares NewProgram Number: www.schwans-cares.com/c/29090.
- Need a Spirit Shirt?Stop by the office and purchase any shirt we have on hand or see what’s available by visiting the school website (go to Parents then St. Mary Spirit Store). Send payment (cash or check made out to SMHS Spirit Store) and order form in an envelope marked “Spirit Store.” Shirts will be delivered to students. Any questions, please email Paula Maier at email@example.com
- Christy’s Pizza Cards for sale! Purchase a card with SIX buy one get one free sticker coupons for only $25.00! A portion of the proceeds comes back to our school.
- Please support our school by ordering meals through Schwan’s! They deliver right to your door! Use this link to place your order: https://www.schwans-cares.com/campaigns/27129-saint-mary-school-e2-enlighten-and-enrichment.
- Buy gift cards for items you are already going to purchase from our SCRIP program and a portion of the card amount will go towards your tuition! Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month and earn a casual day pass for your child the following month. SCRIP is processed on Mondaymornings in the Copy Room. Send your order in ahead of time with your child or stop in Mondays8:00-10:00am, and/or Fridays 2:15-3:00pm. Call Judy McGonagle 740-215-8456 or Amy Conrad 740-438-0689 with questions, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Until further notice, we will not be selling Scrip on Friday after school. Please send your orders in on Monday or stop in the copy room by 10:00 am, to allow time for the orders to be entered and processed for delivery by Wednesday.It’s time to print your quarterly statement for the Kroger Community Rewards. Please send in a copy of your statement that shows your rewards contribution for St. Mary School and we will add it to your account. Make sure your name is on the statement so we can add it to the right account.KROGER REWARDS: Not registered? Please consider registering your Kroger Plus Card. Go to Kroger’s website and click on Community! Log in, and click on “my account”. If you scroll all the way down you will find “rewards”. Simply enter our number “83479” and that’s it! You and St Mary can earn money. Thanks!!
Preschool and Kids CARE:
- We are so excited to include Preschool in our Students of the Month program this year! Each month, one of our preschoolers will be selected as a St. Mary Student of the Month along with one student from each class, grades K-8. Our preschool Student of the Month will get to help with morning announcements and enjoy a pancake breakfast, just like the big kids! Many thanks to last year’s K-8 Students of the Month who asked Mrs. Schornack to please include preschool this year! 🙂
From the Cafeteria:
- Our cafeteria is in need of volunteers to help serve lunch! Volunteers must have Protecting God’s Children and a background check.
- The next gathering of Sandwich Saturdaywill be September 24 at 8:00amin the Spirit Center. Come join us for fellowship while we feed the hungry in our community! Donations are always welcome (we have enough baggies). Call Alishia Snoke at 740-407-5870 with any questions.
- St. Mary’s Cub Scout Packis kicking off the new school year and enrollment is open to any 1st through 5th grade boy that is interested. This year we will be camping, fishing, racing model cars and building boats! It is a great program to teach young boys leadership, cooperation and compassion while having fun. If you are interested, please contract Justin Pike at 740-438-1733.
- Time for McDonald’s High School Team Challenge! Vote atHighSchoolTeamChallenge.com. Schools with the most votes will win McDonald’s Activities Grant to offset activities fees or related expenses! 1st Place: $10,000 2nd Place: $5,000 3rd Place: $2,500. Voting starts September 19th! **Fisher Catholic won the 1st place prize a couple years ago – Let’s support our High School! We can do this!
- Come “HOME” Alumni for FISHER HOMECOMING WEEKEND September 23, 2016@ Fulton Field (aka Lancaster H.S. football field) where the Fighting Irish take on rival Berne Union Rockets. 7:00pm kickoff. Visit the Alumni tent at the south entrance of the field for snacks and your ALUMNI 1/2 price ticket! GO IRISH!! Alumni Band: Calling all Fisher Catholic Alumni Band members! Come relive the fun of Fisher Catholic football games and laugh about memories past! Please join us this Friday, September 23 for the Homecoming football game as we support our team and our band! Please meet at 5:00 pm at Fisher Catholic for a brief rehearsal, then we will go to the field to play Pregame and in the stands during the game! Haven’t played in years? Never fear….it’s like riding a bike! Please contact Judy Rehrer, Band Director through the school office with your name and instrument so she can have music ready for you! Go Irish!!
- Fairfield County Fair Workers – Please visit the SignUp Genius site to assist Fisher Catholic with this fundraiser. Fisher Catholic supplies volunteers at each gate to simply take tickets – no selling is involved! This is easy work for which we are paid by the Fairfield County Fair Board.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder to the school secretary by 2:30 pm on Tuesdays.