St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
September 17, 2015
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up to date information.
Attachments in this Issue:
- Interim reports will be posted on SchoolSpeak later today.
- A test call of our school emergency call system will be made this Friday (September 18) around 3:00pm. Please notify the office if you do not receive the test call.
- Teacher Association mum sale tomorrow during dismissal! Cash and carry, first come first served! See our announcement below for more details.
- Fisher Fall Festival is this Saturday! Fun and games for the whole family! See our announcement below for more details.
- Sacramental prep meeting this Sunday (see below). This is meeting is required for the parents of all students who will be making any sacraments at St. Mary of the Assumption this year.
- 1:00PM early dismissal on Friday, September 25 for the World Meeting of Families in Philadelphia. We encourage you to check out the wonderful resources available on the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops website to prepare your family for the Pope’s visit to our country! www.usccb.org
- All students in grades K-8 will go to school Mass every Tuesday, unless otherwise noted on the online school calendar. Middle school boys in grades 6-8 are required to wear their uniform ties on Mass and Benediction days only until October 5.
From the Office:
- Please remember to send an excuse note to the office after your child has missed school and contact the school office, 740-654-1632, if your child will not be at school for any reason.
Home and School:
- Every student is encouraged to submit a drawing for the front and back covers of our school directory! All drawings must be submitted to classroom teachers no later than tomorrow morning. They will be displayed in main hallway tomorrow for voting. The winners (one for the front cover and one for the back cover) will each receive a $10 Pick-Your-Gift from our selection of SCRIP cards.
- The Spirit Store t-shirt supplier has increased prices until the supply of St. Mary imprints are depleted. Please include cash or check made out to SMHS (St Mary Home & School) with your orders. You may get your items the same day if we have in the display case. If they are not in the display case it may take 2 weeks. If you have any ideas on ways to improve the Spirit Store or if you have any suggestions for potential suppliers, please contact Paula Maier at firstname.lastname@example.org
- SMS Teacher’s Association Fall Mum Sale for Tuition Assistance! Friday September 18 from 2:15-3:15pm. Front lawn of the school. Cash and Carry ONLY. $6.00 each for 9″ oversized plant. Assorted Colors. Only 50 available! 1st come 1st served!
- Friday, September 18, is the first Casual Day for SCRIP. If you purchased $200 in SCRIP by August 31, Casual Day passes were sent home with your child.
- Want to get a SCRIP casual day pass for your child? Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month to earn casual day passes for the following month. Buy gift cards for items you are already going to purchase, and the school earns a portion of the card amount. SCRIP is processed on Monday mornings in the Copy Room. Click here for an order form, and you can send your order in ahead of time with your child, or stop in Mondays 8:00-10:00am, and Friday after school from 2:15-3:00pm. Questions? Call Judy McGonagle740-215-8456 or Amy Conrad 740-438-0689, or email: email@example.com
- It’s time to print your Kroger Community Rewards quarterly statement. If you are already enrolled, simply log into your account and printout your Account Summary that shows your last quarter donation and send it into SCRIP so you can get your tuition credit!
- KROGER REWARDS: Not registered? Please consider registering your Kroger Plus Card. Go to Kroger’s website and click on Community! Log in, and click on “my account”. If you scroll all the way down you will find “rewards”. Simply enter our number “83479” and that’s it! You and St Mary can earn money!
- Be sure to check your child’s classroom announcements through your SchoolSpeak account each week!
From the Cafeteria:
- Your family may qualify for free or reduced lunch prices! All information is kept strictly confidential. Please contact the school office for an application at 740-654-1632.
- The Café needs your help! We are looking for donations of 9oz plastic cups for the students use at lunch time. Please bring your donations to the school office and they will bring them to the café. Thank you for your help and support!
From Our Parish:
- There will be a sacramental preparation meeting for the parents all children making all sacraments this school year at St. Mary of the Assumption. The meeting will be held on Sunday, September 20 at 10:00am in the Spirit Center. This meeting is required in order for your child to make his/her sacraments. Please contact Mr. Brian McCauley with questions.
- Gear up for the Fisher Festival Saturday, September 19 from NOON – 11pm. Fun ALL Day Long! Inflatables, Children’s Games, Face Painting, Concessions, K of C Fish Fry, Adult Games of Skill, Beer Garden, Arts & Crafts Show, and so much more! Don’t forget about our annual Mattress Sale going on the same day too! If you’d like to reserve space for the Arts & Crafts Show, have animals to show in the Petting Zoo, or would like to perform in front of the outdoor stage, please contact Eileen Gundelfinger at 740-277-7063.
- Irish4Life News: Mark your calendars for our first PANCAKE BREAKFAST of the year, September 20 from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM in the FCHS cafeteria. Remember it is all you care to eat blueberry, chocolate chip, or regular pancakes as well as sausage, coffee, milk, and juice! All it costs is your generous donation to help offset the cost of the annual March for Life in January. If you have any questions you can email Mr. Holbrook (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call the school (740-654-1231).
- McKenzie Ortiz, a Junior at Fisher Catholic High School and a graduate of St. Mary School, is collecting used eyeglasses in conjunction with the Lancaster and Tarhe Lions Clubs for her Junior Service Project. Lenscrafters charitable cause “One Sight” will transport all the eyeglasses to the Ohio University College of Optometry, where doctors and students will take them to Lima, Peru for needy adults and children. A collection box for eyeglasses is located outside the school office in the main building for this wonderful cause.
- Love horses? Want to learn to ride? Come join the fun! Horseback riding lessons and equestrian education are being offered at Mr. and Mrs. Foura’s stables, conveniently located at 267 Rainbow Drive NE, Lancaster. We have gentle horses and a very knowledgeable, experienced instructor. Lessons are $40.00 for one hour and $30.00 for one-half hour. Training for your horse is also available. Please call 740-654-1367 with questions or to schedule.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder News to the school secretary by 2:30pm on Tuesdays.