St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
September 1, 2016
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up to date information.
Attachments in this issue:
- Today – Home and School Parent Association meeting at 7:00pm! Our meeting agenda is attached. All parents are members ~ Please attend!
- Friday, September 2 – MUM SALE! All proceeds benefit our very own St. Mary tuition assistance fund courtesy of our very own Teacher Association! Cash and carry in front of the school at dismissal time or shop at the Lancaster Greenhouseon Saturday, September 3 and Sunday, September 4 and Lancaster Greenhouse will donate 15% of your sale back to our school! Thank you for helping our Teacher Association in their efforts to support tuition assistance!
- Monday, September 5 – NO SCHOOL (LABOR DAY)!
- Next Friday, September 9 – K-8 PICTURE DAY! PLEASE DRESS NICELY FOR PICTURE DAY (FOLLOW CASUAL DAY POLICY) OR WEAR YOUR SCHOOL UNIFORM. Preschool pictures will take place at the end of October.
- Next Friday, September 9 and Saturday, September 10 – Fisher Fall Festival! See “Community News” for more information.
- Next Saturday, September 10 – Protecting God’s Children session here at St. Mary Church at 9:00AM in the Spirit Center. Participation in this program is a Diocesan requirement for those who wish to volunteer in any capacity in our school. To register, please visit www.virtus.org.
- Middle school boys are not required to wear ties, except for Mass and Benediction days, until October 3rd. Ties will be required daily following October 3rd.
From the Principal’s Office:
- Please complete and return the sign-off pages(s) of the school handbook.
- Please contact the school office at 740-654-1632 if your child will not be at school for any reason. Please remember to send an excuse note to the office after your child has missed school.
Home and School:
- Attention Parents! Please review the long list of volunteer opportunities on our school website under the”Parents” tab. Sign up is easy with our “Sign up Genius” link! We cannot do anything without YOU!
- We are no longer collecting ink cartridges for recycling. Please do not send any more to the school. Thank you!
- Please have your children complete the directory cover contest form and return it to school! Front and back cover winners receive a FREE $10.00 gift card!
- Do you need a Spirit shirt? Stop by the office and purchase any shirt we have on hand. See what’s available by visiting the school website. Go to Parents then St. Mary Spirit Store. Send payment (cash or check made out to SMHS Spirit Store) and order form in an envelope marked “Spirit Store.” The shirts will be delivered to students. Any questions, please email Paula Maier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Christy’s Pizza Cards for sale! Purchase a card with SIX buy one get one free sticker coupons for only $25.00! A portion of the proceeds comes back to our school.
- Please support our school by ordering meals through Schwan’s! They deliver right to your door! Use this link to place your order: https://www.schwans-cares.com/campaigns/27129-saint-mary-school-e2-enlighten-and-enrichment.
- Buy gift cards for items you are already going to purchase from our SCRIP program and a portion of the card amount will go towards your tuition! Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month and earn casual day passes for your children the following month. SCRIP is processed on Monday mornings in the Copy Room. Send your order in ahead of time with your child or stop in Mondays 8:00-10:00 am, and/or Fridays 2:15-3:00 pm. Call Judy McGonagle 740-215-8456 or Amy Conrad 740-438-0689 with questions, or email: email@example.com.
- Be sure to check your child’s classroom announcements through your School Speak account each week!
Preschool and Kids CARE:
- All forms must be returned in order for your child to attend Kids CARE per licensing rules! We appreciate your cooperation!
From the Cafeteria:
- Your family may qualify for free or reduced lunch prices! All information is kept strictly confidential. Please contact the school office for an application at 740-654-1632.
- Fisher Fall Festival Friday, September 9 5:00-10:00 pm and Saturday, September 10 5:00-11:00 pm. Live music on Saturday! Mattress sale Saturday 10:00 am-5:00 pm. Children’s games, inflatables, concessions, adult games of skill, beer garden, 50/50 raffles, petting zoo, DJ music, and more! First annual Fisher Fall Festival Pie Baking Contest and Auction! Fruit/Nut and Cream Pie divisions. Drop off pies Friday morning until 4:00 PM. Put your name/type of pie (description) and contact number on the pie plate (preferably at on the bottom). Judging will start promptly at 4:30 PM. Winners in each division will receive a gift certificate. Pie Auction will take place at 6:00 PM Friday. Special peach pies will be auctioned off with the proceeds benefiting the Brenden Krannitz Scholarship Fund. Contact Eileen Gundelfinger 740-277-7063 for more information.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder to the school secretary by 2:30 pm on Tuesdays.