St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
August 18, 2016
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up to date information.
- Monday, August 22 – Welcome preschool!
- Friday, August 26 – Spirit Day!
- All students in grades K-8 will go to school Mass every Tuesday, unless otherwise noted on the online school calendar. Our first school Mass will be Tuesday, August 23. All students in grades K-8 will go to Benediction once a month, unless otherwise noted on the calendar. Our first Benediction will be Thursday, August 25 at 1:45pm.
- Middle school boys in grades 6-8 are required to wear their uniform ties on Mass and Benediction days. Ties are not required for other school days until until October 3, when they will be necessary every day.
- Protecting God’s Children session here at St. Mary Church Saturday, September 10 at 9:00am in the Spirit Center. Participation in this program is a Diocesan requirement for those who wish to volunteer in any capacity in our school. To register, please visit www.virtus.org.
From the Principal’s Office:
- School handbooks are being printed and will be sent home with the youngest and only child in each family as soon as they arrive. The updated handbook will also be available on our school website. Please take note of the following additions to the handbook;
o Guidelines for coats for recess are now provided under our recess rules.
o Diocesan guidelines/processes for student withdrawal, reporting abuse or neglect, viewing records, eighth grade graduation, and accident reports have been added.
o Girls in grades K-5 may wear black or navy leggings under their jumper in the cooler months in place of tights, but the leggings must be worn with uniform socks. No patterns or other colors please.
- Please contact the school office at 740-654-1632 if your child will not be at school for any reason. Please remember to send an excuse note to the office after your child has missed school.
- Please turn in your emergency medical cards and back to school forms.
Home and School:
- Our first parent meeting will be September 1 at 7:00pm. All parents are welcome!
- Don’t forget to order your spirit shirt for our first Spirit Day next week! Email Paula Maier at email@example.com with any questions about the Spirit Store.
- It’s almost time to buy your fall mums! The St. Mary Teacher Association is once again partnering with Lancaster Greenhouse to benefit tuition assistance on Saturday, September 3 and Sunday, September 4. Lancaster Greenhouse will donate 15% of your sale to the tuition assistance fund. Mums will also be sold on the school lawn Friday, September 2. Thank you for supporting tuition assistance and a local business!
- Buy gift cards for items you are already going to purchase from our SCRIP program and a portion of the card amount will go towards your tuition! Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month and earn casual day passes for your children the following month. SCRIP is processed on Monday mornings in the Copy Room. Send your order in ahead of time with your child or stop in Mondays 8:00-10:00 am, and/or Fridays 2:15-3:00pm. Call Judy McGonagle 740-215-8456 or Amy Conrad 740-438-0689 with questions, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be sure to check your child’s classroom announcements through your School Speak account each week!
Preschool and Kids CARE:
- All forms must be returned in order for your child to attend Kids CARE per licensing rules! We appreciate your cooperation!
From the Cafeteria:
- Your family may qualify for free or reduced lunch prices! All information is kept strictly confidential. Please contact the school office for an application at 740-654-1632.
- Fisher Fall Festival Friday, September 9 5:00-10:00pm and Saturday, September 10 5:00-11:00pm. Live music on Saturday! Mattress sale Saturday 10:00am-5:00pm. Children’s games, inflatables, concessions, adult games of skill, beer garden, 50/50 raffles, petting zoo, DJ music, and more! Contact Eileen Gundelfinger 740-277-7063 for more information.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder to the school secretary by 2:30pm on Tuesdays.