Thursday Folder News
Attachments in this Issue:
- TODAY – Home and School meeting 7:00 pm in the copy room. Parents, please join us!
- TOMORROW, Friday, May 6 – 1:00 pm Early dismissal and casual day! No afternoon buses. Kids CARE available! Flower Sale pick-up in the main school building 2:00-6:00 pm.
- Saturday, May 7 – Flower Sale pick-up in the main school building 9:00 am-Noon. Preschool Flea Market in the Spirit Center! Please plan to join us for this exciting sale! Market runs from 10:00 am-3:00 pm and is just a $2.00 donation to get in. The proceeds from the door admission will go to a military organization that is close to our hearts!
- Next Tuesday, May 10 – Computer club (see “Classroom Announcements” below)
- Next Thursday, May 12 – Preschool Grandparent tea, followed by K-8 grandparent visit lunch and May Crowning! Preschool tea will begin at 9:30 am and end at 10:30 am. Grandparents may begin arriving at the main building to check-in for our K-8 lunch at 10:30 am. Lunch service will begin around 11:00 am. May Crowning at 1:15 pm in the church (all are welcome!). Student art show and sale to follow (all proceeds go towards Art supplies for next year). Please see the attached schedule for more details!
- Next Saturday, May 14 – 8th grade graduation dance, sponsored by 7th grade!
- Tuesday, May 17 – Spring Concert beginning at 7:00 pm in gym! Opening performances by our Band and Choir students, followed by the Preschool presentation of their spring musical performance! Please join us!
- Thursday, May 19 – Athletic Awards Nigh beginning at 6:30 pm in the gym!
- Friday, May 20 – Spirit Day! Last day for our preschool classes! Have a good summer break preschool!
- Uniform shorts may be worn to school this month, per school policy. Middle school boys in grades 6-8 will be required to wear their ties on Mass days and on the day of May Crowning. Please remember to dress your child for the weather, even during the month of May.
BOGO Book Fair
Date: May 16th -May 19th
Location: School Library
Students will visit the Book Fair during their regular Library class time.
Monday Grade 7 – 8:30-10:00 am
Tuesday Grade 1 – 11:30-12:30; Grade 4 – 12:15-1:15
Wednesday Gr. 6 – 8:30-10:00 am; Grade 3 – 11:30-12:30; Grade 5 – 12:15-1:15
Thursday Gr. 8 – 8:30-10:00 am; Grade K – 11:30-12:30; Grade 2 – 12:15-1:15
The Book Fair will be open at other times during the day for previewing and/or shopping. It will also be open on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 2:30-3:30 pm for families. If you are available to volunteer at any time during the fair, please email Mrs. Walsh or Kacie Funk.
From the Principal’s Office:
- It’s National Teacher Appreciation Week!! We’d like to thank ALL of the teachers and staff at St. Mary School who help shape the hearts and minds of our students each and every day! Catholic education is a special calling ~ it’s a call to fulfill the mission of our faith by giving of self for the good of others, and our teachers and staff embody this to the fullest. They work more hours than they should, receive less compensation than many of their counterparts, and are still expected to add more to their plates and pitch in to make our school better each year. THANK YOU TEACHERS! AND THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR STAFF!
- ANNOUNCING OUR NEW MIDDLE SCHOOL ELECTIVE CLASSES!!
Calligraphy and Textiles
Recreational Sports and Fitness
Rockin’ the Radio
S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math)
We are VERY EXCITED to announce these classes, which will start next year!! Students entering grades 6-8 will be given an Elective Registration Form today that requires a parent signature. Please return these by Friday, May 13. All students in grades 6-8 will be required to take 4 electives (one per quarter) next year. They’ll use the form to request classes and will be placed by the faculty. More information can be found on the form.
- The faculty has been working hard to write our first Middle School Curriculum Guide. This guide will explain the curricular standards for all of our middle school classes, provide a synopsis for each (including elective classes), and explain our NEW LEVELED MATH CLASSES. We are thrilled to share this with our families! A paper copy of the Middle School Curriculum Guide will be sent home with students in grades 5-7 today (and mailed to our new incoming and prospective middle schoolers). All parents will receive an email version of the document through School Speak.
Home and School:
- Our Home and School Association is accepting nominations for the positions of President, Vice President, and Secretary. These positions are open due simply to current officer terms ending.
- You can now order your SCRIP online! Signing up for “ShopWithScrip” is easy! If you are interested please contact us at email@example.com for our enrollment code, then follow the steps listed below.
- Go to: www.ShopWithScrip.com and click Register, then click Join A Scrip Program.
- Enter our enrollment code. By entering this code, your account will be associated with St. Mary’s Scrip program so you can begin earning rebates.
- Fill in all required personal information and click “I Accept”.
- Choose two security challenge questions from the list and provide answers.
If you want more information on how the online ordering works please go to www.ShopWithScrip.com and look at the promotional information provided. We will still be selling Scrip the traditional way, but by adding the online ordering you can purchase Scrip for last minute shopping. If you need something quickly you can order Scrip on your phone and then use it instantly! You can find a list of retailers on their website which will show which cards are available as ecards, reloadable cards, or physical cards. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by phone or email!
- Schwan’s Care Campaign – Thank you to everyone who is helping to make this campaign a success!!
Our program began Sunday, 4/24/16, and already our school has earned $38.00 just for shopping and purchasing quality foods delivered right to your door! To place your order, visit:
This campaign ends in 43 days! So hurry and please share this with family and friends! Please contact Eileen Gundelfinger at 740-277-7063 with any questions.
- Cristy’s Pizza Cards only $25 for 6 buy one, get one FREE pizza sticker coupons. Please contact Eileen Gundelfinger at 740-277-7063 to purchase. Please make checks payable to Cristy’s Pizza.
- Preschool parent surveys went out yesterday. Please return them as soon as possible. Your feedback is vital to the future success of the program! Thanks for your advanced cooperation!
- There are a few remaining spots left in the 5 day morning classes. Many spots remain for both afternoon 3 and 5 day sessions. Please direct anyone you know who has a preschooler who may be interested to contact Angie Eisenacher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please return the Kids CARE parent surveys that were sent out last week. Your input is vital to the future success of the program!
As we prepare for the end of the year, I would like to thank you for supporting our cafeteria.
All lunch accounts MUST be PAID IN FULL by Monday, May 2nd . Payment can be made by cash, check, or online deposit. Accounts must carry a credit balance, or have payment daily through the end of the year. (If a student has a balance due for lunches and brings in cash for extras – the cash will be applied to the balance due and no extras will be given until their lunch account is paid in full.)
For local Summer Lunch Programs call 1-866-3-HUNGRY (486479)
Special Thanks to all of our Cafeteria Volunteers:
John Baughman, Sharon Boyden, Sharon Cox,, Angie DeFazio, Kathy Eisenacher, Grace & Mike Gavin, Regina Henry, Darlene Kilbarger, Bob Linn, Bev & Jerry Messbarger, Norene Murphy, Marie Sammler, Kathy Steman, Erin Taylor, Dorothy Wright, Anita Wolshire, and Angela Yenchar.
- Computer Club will be meeting May 10 and May 24 from 3:00-4:00 pm in the computer lab. Students will be at the front door for pick-up at 4:00 pm.
- Committed to bettering the lives of those with disabilities in Fairfield County. Glow Run will be on June 18th with registration starting at 8:15 PM and the race beginning at 9:30 PM. You can register at Racepenguin.com. A band and fireworks to follow the race. Bring the whole family!
- Love Horses? Want to learn to ride? Come have fun and experience an equestrian education at Twin Maples Stable. Horseback riding lessons starting soon. Also, 4-H club participation is being offered. All projects are welcome. Contact Mrs. Foura, email@example.com, for information and scheduling.
- Fisher Catholic Summer Skills Camps for grades K-8 will be held this summer. Registration is due June 11.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder News to the school secretary by 2:30 pm on Tuesday.