St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
May 4, 2017
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up to date information.
Please visit our school Google calendar for all of our school activities this spring!
Links/Attachments in this Issue:
- Final tuition payments for the current school year were due by April 15 unless you had made other arrangements with the principal. Interim reports, final progress reports, and 8th grade diplomas will not be released to those whose accounts are in arrears, per school policy.
- Registration forms for the upcoming school year and scholarship applications are due! Please contact the school office for more information!
- Today and Tomorrow, May 4-5 – NO PRESCHOOL
- Today – Home and School Parent Association Meeting 7:00PM in the copy room (main building) ~ Please attend!
- Tomorrow, Friday, May 5 – CASUAL DAY, 1:00PM EARLY DISMISSAL, Teacher Association Flower Sale pick-up 2:00-6:00PM (main building)
- This Saturday, May 6 – Preschool Craft and Vendor Fair 9:00AM-2:00PM in the Spirit Center (come out and shop in support of our preschool program), Teacher Association Flower Sale pick-up 9:00AM-12:00PM (main building)
- This Sunday, May 7 – Mother and Son Outing hosted by our Home and School Parent Association 1:00PM-3:00PM at St. Mark, St. Mary Parish Confirmation meeting for those who will be making their Confirmation in 2018
- Next week, May 8-12 – St. Mary School celebrates teacher/staff appreciation week! (See the half-sheet flier that was sent home from Home and School for more details)
- Next Thursday, May 11 – Grandparents Day & May Crowning at St. Mary School!
- Preschool Grandparent Tea 9:30-10:30AM in the Spirit Center
- K-8 Grandparent Reception in the school gym, doors to the main building open at 12:15PM ~ THERE WILL BE NO LUNCH SERVED THIS YEAR BUT THERE WILL BE SNACKS FOR DONATION/SALE DURING THE RECEPTION, PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHMENT FOR MORE DETAILS
- May Crowning 1:45PM in the church
From the Principal’s Office:
- Summer Solutions Prevent summer learning loss with Summer Solutions workbooks. Summer Solutions provides the necessary review and practice that allows students to retain important math and language arts skills, not only over the summer break, but also for a lifetime. Available for Children Pre-K through Grade 8. Use the school code on the attached flyer and save shipping fees! Orders received before May 14 will be shipped to St Mary for pick-up. Books are $14.99 each.
- SCRIP Donatos cards are back in stock (write in Donatos $10 and the amount of cards you’re ordering on the bottom of the SCRIP form). Buy gift cards through SCRIP and a portion of the card amount goes to your tuition! Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month and earn a casual day for your child the following month. SCRIP needs a new volunteer to help this summer and for the upcoming school year. Contact Randi Anderson (740) 407-7870 for information.
- Support St. Mary School any time/any place you shop online through goodsearch.com or goodshop.com and designate St Mary Catholic Elementary School as your charity!
- Christy’s Pizza Cards for sale! Six buy one get one free sticker coupons for only $25.00! A portion of the proceeds comes back to our school.
- Schwan’s Campaign Number for St. Mary School ~ 32113. Order Schwan’s at https://www.schwans-cares.com and a portion of the sales come back to fund field trips, COSI on Wheels, and enrichment programs.
From the Parish:
- Mark your calendars for this summer’s Catholic Kidz Camp (“Tracking Mary; Mysteries and Messages”) August 7-11 from 6:00 PM-8:30 PM for preschool to 6th grade age children. See the attachment for more information.
- The next gathering of Sandwich Saturday will be May 20 at 8:00AM in the Spirit Center. This will be the last one of the 2016-2017 school year. Come join us for fellowship while we feed the hungry! Call Alishia Snoke at 740-407-5870 with any questions.
- Our parish will offer an 8 week Scripture study on Jeff Cavins DVD series of St. Paul’s Letter to the Ephesians on Thursdays from June 8-August 3, 7:00PM-8:30PM in the Spirit Center. Registration forms available in the vestibules of the church and on the parish website. Please register by May 24. Contact Brian McCauley with questions.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder to the school secretary by 2:30 pm on Tuesdays.