Thursday Folder News
Attachments in this Issue:
- All tuition accounts must be paid in full in order for final progress reports, grades, and eighth grade diplomas to be released, per school policy.
- 1:00 pm Early Dismissal Today! Honors Assembly at 12:15 pm in the gym. Eighth grade graduation will take place at the 7:00 pm Mass.
- New Family Orientation Tuesday, May 31 at 6:00 pm. Location changed to the school gym.
- School Closet will be St. Mary School on Tuesday, May 31 from 5:00 pm-7:30 pm with a 25% off sale!
- Mrs. Schmelzer will have the school office open this summer from 9:00 am-2:00 pm, Monday-Thursday. The office will be closed on Fridays, on Memorial Day (Monday, May 30), and on the Fourth of July.
- Tuition statements for next year will be mailed to families in the beginning of June.
- Middle school class schedules and elective assignments will be sent later in the summer, and middle school homeroom assignments will be posted at school in August.
Please continue to check your email and the school website during the summer ~ we will post and/or send any important announcements.
From the Principal’s Office:
- A big thank you to our Home and School for the wonderful appreciation luncheon for our teachers and staff! And thank you to the parents who volunteered for luncheon, as well!
- I’d like to wish everyone a safe and relaxing summer break! To our 8th grade students; we will miss you terribly! You’ve been an awesome group of leaders and helpers, and we wish you all the best in high school!
- A Summer Blessing for our students:
May our loving God watch over you and keep alive in your heart all that you have learned this year.
Keep your mind on God. Remember to pray often and to celebrate your faith. Let all the joys
of summer remind you God’s goodness. Never forget that God is always with you, no matter what.
may the God of all creation, who comes to us through Jesus, and lives among us in the Holy Spirit
keep you safe, happy, and holy this summer and always. Amen.
- We will be selling Scrip after school on Thursday! Make sure you stock up for the summer or until our next ordering date of June 13. We will be here thru the summer selling SCRIP, so be sure to check out our summer schedule. Please note that any online orders placed during the summer will be filled on the Mondays that we are at school. Thanks for supporting SCRIP and have a great summer!
- You can now order your SCRIP online in addition to coming in and purchasing from us! Sign up for ShopWithScrip is easy! If you are interested please contact us at email@example.com for our enrollment code, then follow the steps listed below.
- Go to: ShopWithScrip.com and click Register, then click Join A Scrip Program.
- Enter our enrollment code. By entering this code, your account will be associated
with St. Mary’s Scrip program so you can begin earning rebates.
- Fill in all required personal information and click “I Accept”.
- Choose two security challenge questions from the list and provide answers.
If you want more information on how the online ordering works please go to the www.ShopWithScrip.com website and look at all the promotional information provided. We will still be selling Scrip the traditional way, but by adding the online ordering you can purchase scrip for last minute shopping. If you need something quickly you can order SCRIP on your phone and then use it instantly! You can find a list of retailers on their website which will show which cards are available as e-cards, reloadable cards, or physical cards. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by phone or email!
- It’s time to re-enroll for the new year of Kroger Community Rewards. Please go to com, to re-enroll your card for St. Mary School!
- Schwan’s Care Campaign – Thank you to everyone who is helping to make this campaign a success!!
To place your order, visit:
This campaign ends soon! So hurry and please share this with family and friends! Please contact Eileen Gundelfinger at 740-277-7063 with any questions.
- Cristy’s Pizza Cards only $25 for 6 buy one, get one FREE pizza sticker coupons. Please contact Eileen Gundelfinger at 740-277-7063 to purchase. Please make checks payable to Cristy’s Pizza.
- Our Preschool was recently award the Early Childhood Education Grant from the Ohio Department of Education for the 2016-2017 school year! This grant is for individual preschool children who will be 4 years old by September 30, and whose family meets the income eligibility requirements. There is a limited number of spots available with this grant, so please share this exciting news with anyone you know who might be interested. We are thrilled that we will be able to offer our high quality preschool program to even more children next year! Please contact our Preschool Director, Angie Eisenacher at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
- A reminder that all lunch accounts MUST be PAID IN FULL. Payment can be made by cash, check, or online deposit. Accounts must carry a credit balance, or have payment daily through the end of the year.
- For local Summer Lunch Programs call 1-866-3-HUNGRY (486479).
- If you or someone you know would like to volunteer to serve lunch please contact Lynann Shea at 740-654-1632 or Lshea@cdeducation.org.
- Library News – This week students in grades K – 5 were visited by the children’s Librarian from the Lancaster Branch of the Fairfield County Library. She explained this year’s summer reading program, “On Your Mark, Get Set… READ!” Students received a newsletter and a reading log sheet. We encourage all families to go to your local Library branch in whatever county you live and register your child for their summer reading program. All students who bring a certificate of completion from their library to school in August will be recognized. Last summer our students logged over 46,000 minutes of reading. Let’s top that this year! Thank you to all families who returned their Library books. If any family finds a stray item over the summer, please drop it off during school office hours or send it back to school in August. Congratulations to the 71 students who were invited to the Accelerated Reader party for reaching their reading goal, or volunteering to help in the Library. The following students received special recognition for having the highest score in their grade: Evelyn Koehler, Landen Funk, Maria Pillar, Ava Albert, Alex Ristau – who also earned the most points in the school – Jack Tencza, Emma Albert, and Clara Craaybeek. And another congrats to Nathen Shea and Kavanaugh Frank, who both earned a spot in the Newberry Club! A special thanks to all the parents who helped with the party! I would also like to thank the parents who helped with our BOGO Book Fair. Have a wonderful summer of reading!! Walsh
- Catholic Kidz Camp is coming August 1-5, from 6:00-8:30 pm! Please see the attached flier for more details. Any upcoming 7th or 8th grader or adult who would like to help with Catholic Kidz Camp please contact Alec Scheuer at (740) 653-0997. Registration forms will be made available online and in both the south and main entrances of the church soon.
- Committed to bettering the lives of those with disabilities in Fairfield County. Glow Run will be on June 18th with registration starting at 8:15PM and the race beginning at 9:30PM. You can register at Racepenguin.com. A band and fireworks to follow the race. Bring the whole family!
- Love Horses? Want to learn to ride? Come have fun and experience an equestrian education at Twin Maples Stable. Horseback riding lessons starting soon. Also, 4-H club participation is being offered. All projects are welcome. Contact Mrs. Foura, email@example.com, for information and scheduling.
- Fisher Catholic Summer Skills Camps for grades K-8 will be held this summer. Registration is due June 11.
- Fairfield Medical Center is offering free sports physicals for grades 7-12 for Fairfield County Schools at Lancaster High School, Saturday, June 4. See the attached flyer, and parent letter from Fairfield Medical Center for more information.
- Summer Tutoring Available – Want to stay up to date, or maybe get ahead in some STEM areas? Michael Sheridan (St. Mary and Fisher Catholic grad (‘01 and ’05)) is available for tutoring in math and science areas. From Michael’s email, “My focus is STEM related; Math (basic to Advanced Calculus), Science (mostly physics related, but I do remember some of the basics in other areas). As for Technology and Engineering; I am a product designer at work so I have extensive CAD experience. My company does a lot of Software/electrical based systems so I know a some coding (html, Fortran, arduino, little bit of C, etc.) and how to build/calculate electrical circuits.” If you are interested, contact Michael Sheridan at 740-503-8641
Have a wonderful, safe summer! See you in August!