St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
May 25, 2017
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up to date information.
Congratulations to our 8th grade graduates and best wishes for success in high school!
To our other students – Have a Great Summer! See you August 22!
Links/Attachments in this Issue:
2017-18 School Supply Lists
- Final progress reports and 8th grade diplomas will not be released if your tuition account is not paid in full, per school policy.
- Today – SPIRIT DAY! LAST DAY FOR GRADES K-8! 1:00 PM EARLY DISMISSAL! Honors Assembly at 12:15 PM in the gym (parents are welcome to attend), 8th grade graduation Mass 7:00 PM
- Tomorrow, Friday, May 26 – Final progress reports and STAR test results mailed to families whose tuition accounts are paid in full
- Next Tuesday, May 30 – New Family Orientation beginning at 5:30 PM for parents of all registered Kindergarteners, parents of all registered 6th graders, and parents of new students entering grades 1-5 and 7-8 (small group orientation sessions with staff members by grade level, followed by open time to visit “information stations” and School Closet in the gym)
- Please be sure to check our school website and our Google calendar during the summer months, as important reminders and announcements will be posted!
From the Principal’s Office:
- Elective class forms were sent home with those students who will be entering grades 6-8 next year. Forms were due Monday. Middle school grades 6-8 homeroom and elective class placement will be posted through School Speak and families will be notified via email to check School Speak.
- School Closet will be in the St. Mary gym taking uniform orders next Tuesday, May 30 beginning at 5:00 PM and during the New Family Orientation.
- We will be selling Scrip TODAY from 12:00-1:00pm. Make sure to stop in and get Scrip for the summer break! Scrip will be sold over the summer beginning June 12, from 9:00-10:30 AM, then every other Monday after that. The Scrip summer schedule will be posted on the St. Mary website. Thanks for supporting Scrip!
- Support St. Mary School any time/any place you shop online through goodsearch.com or goodshop.com and designate St Mary Catholic Elementary School as your charity!
- Christy’s Pizza Cards for sale! Six buy one get one free sticker coupons for only $25.00! A portion of the proceeds comes back to our school.
- Schwan’s Campaign Number for St. Mary School is 32113. Order Schwan’s at https://www.schwans-cares.com and a portion of the sales come back to fund field trips, COSI on Wheels, and enrichment programs.
- Class supply lists for the 2017-2018 school year are available here and are posted on our school website!
- Library News – Many thanks to the parents who provided red cupcakes for our AR party (Sharon Cox, Lisa Crow, Lynnann Shea, and Paula Maier) and to Wanda Pike for decorating them with a yellow M! And thanks to Jayne Bryant for picking up the drinks and apples from our local McDonald’s. We had fun playing charades and dancing with Ronald McDonald!
- Registration for the Fairfield County District Library Summer Reading Program – Build a Better World – began yesterday. Students are encouraged to participate in this summer program, or a similar one at your local library branch. Research has proven that students who read during times when school is not in session do better academically.
- Interested students entering 7th and 8th grade in August have received a copy of the 2018 Battle of the Books list. Mrs. Walsh will be sharing the list with local public libraries – Lancaster, Pickerington, Canal Winchester and Wagnall’s – as well as posting the list on our website. Students are encouraged to begin reading books from the list and keeping notes about what they have read. There will be an opportunity to sign up for the team in August. The team will begin meeting when we return to school.
From the Parish:
- Mark your calendars for this summer’s Catholic Kidz Camp (“Tracking Mary; Mysteries and Messages”) August 7-11 from 6:00PM-8:30PM for preschool-6th grade age children. See the attachment for more information.
- Our parish will offer an 8 week Scripture study on Jeff Cavins DVD series of St. Paul’s Letter to the Ephesians on Thursdays from June 8-August 3, 7:00PM-8:30PM in the Spirit Center. Registration forms available in the vestibules of the church and on the parish website. Please register by May 24. Contact Brian McCauley with questions.
- FISHER CATHOLIC IRISH SUMMER SKILLS CAMP registration is due by June 9! See the attachment for more information and the registration form!
- Love Horses? Looking for a fun summer activity? Come to Twin Maples Stable and learn to ride a horse! We have a few lesson times still available. Please contact Mrs. Foura, email@example.com, with questions or to schedule. Thank you.
- FISHER CATHOLIC MANDATORY CHEER CLINIC June 12-16 from 5-7PM. This clinic is mandatory for anyone entering grades 9-12 who is interested in cheering for FOOTBALL AND/OR BASKETBALL for the 2017-2018 school year. Please contact Erin Hesterman 740-438-0719 or Katie Gillium 740-215-3779 with any questions.