Thursday Folder News
Attachments in this Issue:
2016-17 OHSAA Physical form (fill out and take to physical)
- All tuition accounts must be paid in full in order for final progress reports, grades, and eighth grade diplomas to be released, per school policy.
- Today, Thursday, May 19 – Athletic Awards Night beginning at 6:30 pm in the gym!
- Tomorrow, Friday, May 20 – Spirit Day! Last day for our preschool classes! Have a good summer break preschool!
- Next Tuesday, May 24 – Computer club meets after school (see “Classroom Announcements” for information).
- Next Wednesday, May 25 – Casual day from Mrs. Schornack ~ happy last full day of school!
- Next Thursday, May 26 – Last day for grades K-8! 1:00 pm Early Dismissal! Spirit Day! Honors Assembly at 12:00 pm in the gym. Eighth grade graduation will take place at the 7:00 pm Mass.
- Uniform shorts may be worn to school this month, per school policy. Middle school boys in grades 6-8 will be required to wear their ties on Mass days. Please remember to dress your child for the weather, even during the month of May.
- Our last Thursday Folder for the school year will be sent next week. It will be an electronic version only (no paper copies will be sent next week).
From the Principal’s Office:
- During this month of May, we pray in a special way, that Mother Mary will continue to guide, protect, and bless our school family, particularly as we bring this school year to a close and look forward to an exciting new year. I ask your family to pray at least one Hail Mary for our school community each week leading up to the last day of school. If every school family accepts this challenge, we’ll have offered up almost 500 prayers for our school by the time our year comes to an end!!
- Our K-8 students recently participated in end of the year STAR assessments. The STAR assessments are one of the tools that your child’s teacher has been using to monitor student growth throughout the year. Your child’s teacher(s) will be sending home his/her most recent STAR reports. Overall, we are very pleased with the progress and growth that our students have shown in both Reading and Math!
- Order your SCRIP online! If you are interested please contact us at email@example.com for our enrollment code, then follow the steps listed below.
- Go to: www.ShopWithScrip.com and click Register, then click Join A Scrip Program.
- Enter our enrollment code. By entering this code, your account will be associated with St. Mary’s Scrip program so you can begin earning rebates.
- Fill in all required personal information and click “I Accept”.
- Choose two security challenge questions from the list and provide answers.
If you want more information on how the online ordering works please go to www.ShopWithScrip.com and look at the promotional information provided. We will still be selling Scrip the traditional way, but by adding the online ordering you can purchase Scrip for last minute shopping. If you need something quickly you can order Scrip on your phone and then use it instantly! You can find a list of retailers on their website which will show which cards are available as ecards, reloadable cards, or physical cards. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by phone or email!
- Schwan’s Care Campaign – Thank you to everyone who is helping to make this campaign a success!!
To place your order, visit:
This campaign ends soon! So hurry and please share this with family and friends! Please contact Eileen Gundelfinger at 740-277-7063 with any questions.
- Cristy’s Pizza Cards only $25 for 6 buy one, get one FREE pizza sticker coupons. Please contact Eileen Gundelfinger at 740-277-7063 to purchase. Please make checks payable to Cristy’s Pizza.
- Our Preschool was recently award the Early Childhood Education Grant from the Ohio Department of Education for the 2016-2017 school year! This grant is for individual preschool children who will be 4 years old by September 30, and whose family meets the income eligibility requirements. There is a limited number of spots available with this grant, so please share this exciting news with anyone you know who might be interested. We are thrilled that we will be able to offer our high quality preschool program to even more children next year! Please contact our Preschool Director, Angie Eisenacher at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
- A reminder that all lunch accounts MUST be PAID IN FULL. Payment can be made by cash, check, or online deposit. Accounts must carry a credit balance, or have payment daily through the end of the year. (If a student has a balance due for lunches and brings in cash for extras the cash will be applied to the balance due and no extras will be given until their lunch account is paid in full.) For local Summer Lunch Programs call 1-866-3-HUNGRY (486479). If you or someone you know would like to volunteer to serve lunch please contact Lynann Shea at 740-654-1632 or Lshea@cdeducation.org.
- Please look under beds, on shelves, behind dressers, and any other place those lost library books might ‘hide!’ All library materials should be returned by today so they can be checked in and re-shelved. Thank you!
- The final date for earning AR points is today. Students who have reached or exceeded their Accelerated Reader goal will receive an invitation to the AR party, scheduled for Monday, May 23rd. Those students who receive an invitation may wear casual dress that day.
- Today is the last day for our BOGO (Buy One Get One FREE) Book Fair. This Book Fair, sponsored by Home and School, is provided as a service to our families to promote summer reading!
- Student Art Work for Sale! If you were unable to purchase your child’s art work after May Crowning there is still a chance to buy the wonderful pieces! A $5.00 donation is suggested per item. All money raised will be used to buy Art class supplies for the upcoming school year!
- Our 6th, 7th and 8th grade students are invited to a CAST PARTY after all of their hard work in preparing and presenting our production of “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown!” The party will be held on Monday, May 23rd, from 11:30-12:40 pm. Students may wear their Charlie Brown shirts with shorts or jeans (according to the guidelines for casual day dress in the handbook). The cafeteria will be serving a different lunch for these grades – pizza! – that students may purchase, or they may bring lunch. All 6th, 7th and 8th graders will be treated to a special dessert!
- Computer Club will be meeting May 24 from 3:00-4:00 pm in the computer lab. Students will be at the front door for pick-up at 4:00 pm.
School Advisory Board:
- We would like to welcome our new School Advisory Board members; Valerie Carpico, Andrea Murphy, Justin Pike, and Jennifer Welsh. Andrea will be replacing Karrie Jackson as the St. John XXIII parish representative and Valerie, Justin, and Jennifer will be replacing outgoing members Corey Gavin, Bob Krooner and Tom Crook. We would like to thank Tom Crook, Corey Gavin, Karrie Jackson, and Bob Krooner for their dedication and service to our school during their time on the Board!
- Catholic Kidz Camp is coming August 1-5, from 6:00-8:30 pm! Please see the attached flyer for more details. Any upcoming 7th or 8th grader or adult who would like to help with Catholic Kidz Camp please contact Alec Scheuer at (740) 653-0997. Registration forms will be made available online and in both the south and main entrances of the church soon.
- The next gathering of Sandwich Saturday will be May 21 at 8:00 am in the Spirit Center. Come join us for fellowship while we feed the hungry in our community! Call Alishia Snoke at 740-407-5870 with any questions.
- Attention 8th Grade Girls – Fisher Catholic Cheerleading Announcement – there will be a mandatory meeting on Thursday, May 26th at 6:30 pm in the cafeteria at Fisher.
- Committed to bettering the lives of those with disabilities in Fairfield County. Glow Run will be on June 18th with registration starting at 8:15 PM and the race beginning at 9:30 PM. You can register at Racepenguin.com. A band and fireworks to follow the race. Bring the whole family!
- Love Horses? Want to learn to ride? Come have fun and experience an equestrian education at Twin Maples Stable. Horseback riding lessons starting soon. Also, 4-H club participation is being offered. All projects are welcome. Contact Mrs. Foura, email@example.com, for information and scheduling.
- Fisher Catholic Summer Skills Camps for grades K-8 will be held this summer. Registration is due June 11.
- Fairfield Medical Center is offering free sports physicals for grades 7-12 for Fairfield County Schools at Lancaster High School, Saturday, June 4. See the attached flyer, and parent letter from Fairfield Medical Center for more information.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder News to the school secretary by 2:30 pm on Tuesday.