St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
May 18, 2017
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up to date information.
Links/Attachments in this Issue:
- Final progress reports and 8th grade diplomas will not be released next week if your tuition account is not paid in full, per school policy.
- Tonight – Athletic Awards night for middle school 6:30 PM in the gym
- Tomorrow, Friday, May 19 – SPIRIT DAY! Last day for preschool classes!
- Next Wednesday, May 24 – CASUAL DAY!
- Next Thursday, May 25 – SPIRIT DAY! LAST DAY FOR GRADES K-8! 1:00PM EARLY DISMISSAL! Honors Assembly at 12:15PM in the gym (parents are welcome to attend), 8th grade graduation Mass 7:00PM
- Next Friday, May 26 -Final progress reports and STAR test results mailed to families
- Tuesday, May 30 – New Family Orientation 6:00PM (details to be announced with information mailed directly to families of new students!)
- Please visit our school Google calendar for all of our school activities and field trips!
From the Principal’s Office:
- Elective class forms were sent home with those students who will be entering grades 6-8 next year. Please return the forms by Monday, May 22.
- 6th grade summer Math academy offered by Mrs. Funk! Online lessons throughout the summer with personal meetings TBA in June and August. See the attachment for more information!
- School Closet will be in the St. Mary gym taking uniform orders on Tuesday, May 30 beginning at 5:00PM and during the New Family Orientation.
- Buy gift cards through SCRIP and a portion of the card amount goes to your tuition! Volunteer needed to help with SCRIP this summer and for the upcoming school year. Contact Randi Anderson (740) 407-7870 for information.
- Support St. Mary School any time/any place you shop online through goodsearch.com or goodshop.com and designate St Mary Catholic Elementary School as your charity!
- Christy’s Pizza Cards for sale! Six buy one get one free sticker coupons for only $25.00! A portion of the proceeds comes back to our school.
- Schwan’s Campaign Number for St. Mary School is 32113. Order Schwan’s at https://www.schwans-cares.com and a portion of the sales come back to fund field trips, COSI on Wheels, and enrichment programs.
- Click the attachment for the Class supply lists for the 2017-2018 school year. These lists will also be posted on our school website!
- The Fairfield County Library visited our school to explain the 2017 summer reading program ~ Build a Better World! Students may sign up for the program at any library branch beginning May 24. Please encourage your child to read at least 20 minutes a day during the summer. Students in next year’s 7th and 8th grade who are interested in being a part of the Battle of the Books Team may check out books from the St. Mary Library in the last week of school. We are preparing for our end of year AR PARTY for those students who have reached or exceeded their reading goal for the year. Each month during the school year students were reminded of the short term goal for that month, as well as the goal for the end of the year. This year it looks like we will have a 40% increase in the number of students who have earned an invitation to the party! A huge THANK YOU to the Home & School Association for again giving us the funds to reward our star readers!! Please have your child check bookshelves at home, under beds, in closets, and any other places a library book might ‘hide.’ Mrs. Walsh has chosen a number of new, recently published books for our library. If you are interested in donating a book, please send in $5.00 to the attention of the St. Mary Library. A bookplate will be placed inside one of our new books, indicating that your family has donated it. If you would like to choose the book yourself, please feel free to email Mrs. Walsh [email@example.com] and she will set up a time for you to come in to view the books. Thank you for helping us to ‘refresh’ our library inventory!
From the Parish:
- Mark your calendars for this summer’s Catholic Kidz Camp (“Tracking Mary; Mysteries and Messages”) August 7-11 from 6:00PM-8:30PM for preschool-6th grade age children. See the attachment for more information.
- Sandwich Saturday May 20 at 8:00AM in the Spirit Center! This will be the last one of the 2016-2017 school year. Come join us for fellowship while we feed the hungry! Call Alishia Snoke at 740-407-5870 with any questions.
- Our parish will offer an 8 week Scripture study on Jeff Cavins DVD series of St. Paul’s Letter to the Ephesians on Thursdays from June 8-August 3, 7:00PM-8:30PM in the Spirit Center. Registration forms available in the vestibules of the church and on the parish website. Please register by May 24. Contact Brian McCauley with questions.
- FISHER CATHOLIC IRISH SUMMER SKILLS CAMP registration is due by June 9! See the attachment for more information and the registration form!
- Love Horses? Looking for a fun summer activity? Come to Twin Maples Stable and learn to ride a horse! We have a few lesson times still available. Please contact Mrs. Foura, firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions or to schedule. Thank you.
- FISHER CATHOLIC MANDATORY CHEER CLINIC June 12-16 from 5-7PM. This clinic is mandatory for anyone entering grades 9-12 who is interested in cheering for FOOTBALL AND/OR BASKETBALL for the 2017-2018 school year. Please contact Erin Hesterman 740-438-0719 or Katie Gillium 740-215-3779 with any questions.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder to the school secretary by 2:30pm on Tuesdays.