Thursday Folder News
Attachments in this Issue:
- This Saturday, May 14 – 8th grade graduation dance, sponsored by 7th grade!
- Next Week, Monday, May 16-Thursday, May 19 – BOGO BOOK FAIR! (See the attachment for more information)
- Next Tuesday, May 17 – Spring Concert beginning at 7:00 pm in gym! Opening performances by our Band and Choir students, followed by the Preschool presentation of their spring musical performance! Please join us!
- Next Thursday, May 19 – Athletic Awards Night beginning at 6:30 pm in the gym!
- Next Friday, May 20 – Spirit Day! Last day for our preschool classes! Have a good summer break preschool!
- Uniform shorts may be worn to school this month, per school policy. Middle school boys in grades 6-8 will be required to wear their ties on Mass days and on the day of May Crowning. Please remember to dress your child for the weather, even during the month of May.
- CONGRATULATIONS to Mrs. Schornack who has been recognized by both Bishop Frederick Campbell and Superintendent Dr. Joe Brettnacher for her 10 years of service as a Principal for the Diocese of Columbus. Thank you Mrs. Schornack for your wonderful service!
From the Principal’s Office:
- During this month of May, we pray in a special way, that Mother Mary will continue to guide, protect, and bless our school family, particularly as we bring this school year to a close and look forward to an exciting new year. I ask your family to pray at least one Hail Mary for our school community each week leading up to the last day of school. If every school family accepts this challenge, we’ll have offered up almost 500 prayers for our school in two weeks time!!
Home and School:
- Congratulations to our new Home and School officers; Eileen Gundelfinger – President, Alishia Snoke – Vice President, and Ruth Hoch – Thank you for serving and leading our school community!
- You can now order your SCRIP online! Signing up for “ShopWithScrip” is easy! If you are interested please contact us at email@example.com for our enrollment code, then follow the steps listed below.
- Go to: www.ShopWithScrip.com and click Register, then click Join A Scrip Program.
- Enter our enrollment code. By entering this code, your account will be associated with St. Mary’s Scrip program so you can begin earning rebates.
- Fill in all required personal information and click “I Accept”.
- Choose two security challenge questions from the list and provide answers.
If you want more information on how the online ordering works please go to www.ShopWithScrip.com and look at the promotional information provided. We will still be selling Scrip the traditional way, but by adding the online ordering you can purchase Scrip for last minute shopping. If you need something quickly you can order Srip on your phone and then use it instantly! You can find a list of retailers on their website which will show which cards are available as ecards, reloadable cards, or physical cards. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by phone or email!
- Schwan’s Care Campaign – Thank you to everyone who is helping to make this campaign a success!!
To place your order, visit:
This campaign ends soon! So hurry and please share this with family and friends! Please contact Eileen Gundelfinger at 740-277-7063 with any questions.
- Cristy’s Pizza Cards only $25 for 6 buy one, get one FREE pizza sticker coupons. Please contact Eileen Gundelfinger at 740-277-7063 to purchase. Please make checks payable to Cristy’s Pizza.
- There are a few remaining spots left in the 5 day morning classes. Many spots remain for both afternoon 3 and 5 day sessions. Please direct anyone you know who has a preschooler who may be interested to contact Angie Eisenacher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As we prepare for the end of the year, I would like to thank you for supporting our cafeteria. All lunch accounts MUST be PAID IN FULL. Payment can be made by cash, check, or online deposit. Accounts must carry a credit balance, or have payment daily through the end of the year. (If a student has a balance due for lunches and brings in cash for extras – the cash will be applied to the balance due and no extras will be given until their lunch account is paid in full.) For local Summer Lunch Programs call 1-866-3-HUNGRY (486479). If you or someone you know would like to volunteer to serve lunch please contact Lynann Shea at 740-654-1632 or Lshea@cdeducation.org.
- Please look under beds, on shelves, behind dressers, and any other place those lost library books might ‘hide!’ All library materials should be returned by Thursday, May 19th, so they can be checked in and reshelved. Thank you!
- The final date for earning AR points is Thursday, May 19th. Students who have reached or exceeded their Accelerated Reader goal will receive an invitation to the AR party, scheduled for Monday, May 23rd. Those students who receive an invitation may wear casual dress that day.
- Please visit our BOGO (Buy One Get One FREE) Book Fair, which will be held in the Library from Monday, May 16th through Thursday, May 19th. This Book Fair, sponsored by Home and School, is provided as a service to our families to promote summer reading! Students in grades K-6 each received a flyer to bring home. Please note that the Book Fair will be open on the night of the Spring Concert from 5:45-6:45 pm.
- Our 6th, 7th and 8th grade students are invited to a CAST PARTY after all of their hard work in preparing and presenting our production of “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown!” The party will be held on Monday, May 23rd, from 11:30-12:40 pm. Students may wear their Charlie Brown shirts with shorts or jeans (according to the guidelines for casual day dress in the handbook). The cafeteria will be serving a different lunch for these grades – pizza! – that students may purchase, or they may bring lunch. All 6th, 7th and 8th graders will be treated to a special dessert!
- Computer Club will be meeting May 24 from 3:00-4:00 pm in the computer lab. Students will be at the front door for pick-up at 4:00 pm.
- Committed to bettering the lives of those with disabilities in Fairfield County. Glow Run will be on June 18th with registration starting at 8:15 PM and the race beginning at 9:30 PM. You can register at Racepenguin.com. A band and fireworks to follow the race. Bring the whole family!
- The next gathering of Sandwich Saturday will be May 21 at 8:00 am in the Spirit Center. Come join us for fellowship while we feed the hungry in our community! Call Alishia Snoke at 740-407-5870 with any questions.
- Love Horses? Want to learn to ride? Come have fun and experience an equestrian education at Twin Maples Stable. Horseback riding lessons starting soon. Also, 4-H club participation is being offered. All projects are welcome. Contact Mrs. Foura, email@example.com, for information and scheduling.
- Fisher Catholic Summer Skills Camps for grades K-8 will be held this summer. Registration is due June 11.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder News to the school secretary by 2:30 pm on Tuesday.