Thursday Folder News
Attachments in this Issue:
- Important Reminders:
- Is your tuition account up to date? A reminder that, per school policy, final tuition payments for the current school year are due next Friday, April 15, unless you have made other arrangements with Mrs. Schornack.
- TODAY, Thursday, April 7 – Home and School meeting at 7:00 pm in the school copy room. All parents are welcome! We need your help filling several open officer positions! Please come to the meeting for more information. Coming to our Home and School meetings is a GREAT way to get involved with school activities!
- Saturday, April 9 – Sixth grade Spring Fling! (See the “Community News” section for more information.)
- Next Tuesday, April 12 – Computer club meets! We will be a little late getting out at this meeting – we will be attempting to connect with the International Space Station on it’s pass over our location!
- Next Wednesday, April 13 – Class pictures! Regular uniforms for grades K-8 (please do not use a casual day pass). Order forms were sent home last week.
- Next Saturday, April 16 – First Holy Communion rehearsal at 9:00 am, for all those making this sacrament at St. Mary of the Assumption.
- Next Sunday, April 17 – First Holy Communion at the 11:15am Mass for St. Mary of the Assumption Parish.
- Our Spring Flower Sale is going on now! All proceeds from the Flower Sale go towards our St. Mary tuition assistance! Please support our efforts!
- Don’t forget to order your school yearbook! Order form attached!
From the Principal’s Office:
- Jon Peterson Scholarship application deadline is April 15. If your child has an IEP and you are interested in applying for the scholarship, please notify the school office. Please visit the ODE website at ode.state.oh.us and search for “Jon Peterson” to locate more information.
- EdChoice Expansion Scholarships are still available to students entering Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd grade next year! This scholarship pays up to $4,650.00 in school tuition. Your child will keep this scholarship all the way through 12th grade as long as your family continues to qualify! Contact the school office for renewal or new application forms.
- Summer lunch programs will be available in our area at several locations. To find a location near you call 1-866-3-HUNGRY (486479) or visit the link on our school website.
Home and School:
- Cristy’s Pizza Cards only $25 for 6 buy one, get one FREE pizza sticker coupons. Please contact Eileen Gundelfinger at 740-277-7063 to purchase. Please make checks payable to Cristy’s Pizza.
- For your Spirit Store needs, questions, or suggestions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enclose cash or check in an envelope marked Spirit Store and name of student with orders, and place the envelope in the locked box attached to the Spirit Store display case, or your child can give it to his or her homeroom teacher to be sent to the office.
- SCRIP ordered after March 31st will go to your tuition discount for the 2017-2018 school year. SCRIP is processed on Monday mornings in the school copy room. Click here for an order form or stop in Mondays 8:00 am-10:00 am, and Fridays after school 2:15 pm-3:00 pm to place your order. Questions? Call Judy McGonagle 740-215-8456 or Amy Conrad 740-438-0689, or email: email@example.com.
School Advisory Board:
- Seeking Advisory Board Candidates! The Saint Mary School Advisory Board will have three vacancies when the current term ends in June and we need enthusiastic candidates to fill those seats. Terms are for a period of three years beginning at the June meeting and all Saint Mary School parents (grades K-8) and Saint Mary Parish members are eligible to apply. Please visit our Advisory Board page (www.saintmarylancaster.com/advisory-board) to learn more about the roles and responsibilities of the board and the election process. Applications can be downloaded from the school website or picked up in the school and parish offices. Deadline for applications is Monday, April 18. We welcome your interest and encourage you to seriously consider this opportunity to help support and shape our wonderful school community. If you have any questions, please contact Tom Crook at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a school parent who has completed the NASP training, has a background check and Protecting God’s Children, and you are interested in running our new Archery Club, please contact the school office. The Archery Club will be open to St. Mary students in grades 4-8 and will practice after school. Our goal is to get the club underway as soon as we have parent volunteers.
- Computer Club will be meeting April 12, April 26, May 10 and May 24 from 3:00-4:00 pm in the computer lab. Students will be at the front door for pick-up at 4:00 pm.
- 6th grade Summer Math Academy with Mrs. Funk! Students must be registered for St. Mary’s 6th grade for the 2016/2017 school year. Program will be offered online and at St. Mary. The cost to participate is only $12.00 for the purchase of a summer workbook. Register by calling the school office.
- Our middle school students are preparing our Spring Musical, “You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown.” We will have an afternoon dress rehearsal during school hours on Wednesday, April 27th, and a 7:00 pm performance the same day. John, Logan will be joining us for our dress rehearsal! Please join us, Wednesday, April 27 at 7:00 pm!
- Preschool Spring Flea Market Sale May 7 from 10:00 am-2:00 pm. Email Miss Angie at email@example.com for an application to sell your items!
From Our Parish:
- Attention 8th graders going into 9th grade; interested in attending the Steubenville Summer Youth Conference July 22-24? Registration and full payment of $195.00 due by April 11 (payment covers housing, programs, and 6 meals). Contact our Youth Minister, Alec Scheuer, at the parish office for more information.
- JUST FOR 6TH GRADERS: Last year we started a new tradition for St. Mary School and St. John School 6th graders – a fun, casual dance and game night! We invited Holy Trinity and St. Rose School 6th graders to join us this year for a super fun 6th grade bash! This year’s event will take place this Saturday, April 9 from 7:00 pm-9:00 pm in the St. Mary Spirit Center. Please contact Kellie Boyden at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-687-5177 to help!
- The next gathering of Sandwich Saturday will be April 23 at 8:00am in the Spirit Center. Come join us for fellowship while we feed the hungry in our community! Donations are always welcome! Mark your calendars for future dates; May 21. Call Alishia Snoke at 740-407-5870 with any questions.
- Fisher Catholic “Vintage Vegas “ Bid O’ Luck Saturday, April 30! Doors open at 5:30pm. Silent auction followed by dinner and the grand auction. For more information contact Kellie Shonk (email@example.com) or call 740-654-1231.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder News to the school secretary by 2:30 pm on Tuesday.