Thursday Folder News
- DUE TODAY – Grandparent visit lunch RSVP! Please send in your payment for grandparent lunches with your RSVP. (Grandparents visit will be Thursday, May 12 followed by May Crowning and our Art Sale! A schedule for the day was sent home with the youngest and only in each family.)
- Today – “K for a Day” visit this morning! Our St. Mary Preschool and prospective incoming Kindergartners will visit Mrs. Clouse and her class for the morning! Please call the school office if you’d like more information about Kindergarten registration!
- Today – Benediction 1:45 pm.
- Today – Interim Reports released.
- This Friday, April 29 – Spirit Day!
- This Saturday, April 30 – Fisher Catholic “Vintage Vegas “ Bid O’ Luck! Doors open at 5:30pm. Silent auction followed by dinner and the grand auction. For more information contact Kellie Shonk (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 740-654-1231.
- This Sunday, May 1 – Mother and son kickball! (See “Home and School” section below for information!)
- Monday, May 2 – Uniform shorts may be worn to school, per school policy. Middle school boys in grades 6-8 will be required to wear their uniform ties on Mass days and on the day of May Please remember to dress your child for the weather, even during the month of May.
- DUE MONDAY, MAY 2 – ALL ST. MARY SCHOLARSHIP AND GRANT APPLICATIONS!
- Next Wednesday and Thursday, May 4-5 – Kindergarten screening. Contact the school office for more information.
- Next Thursday, May 5 – Home and School meeting 7:00 pm in the copy room. Parents, please join us!
- Next Friday, May 6 – 1:00 pm Early dismissal and casual day! No afternoon buses. Kids CARE available! Flower Sale pick-up in the main school building 2:00-6:00 pm.
- Next Saturday, May 7 – Flower Sale pick-up in the main school building 9:00 am-Noon. Preschool Flea Market in the Spirit Center 1:00-3:00 pm. Please join us for some great shopping and support our preschool program!
From the Principal’s Office:
- Administrative Professional’s Day was recognized yesterday (Wednesday, April 27). We would like to thank our awesome office staff, Mrs. Nikki Schmelzer and Mrs. Janet King, for EVERYTHING that they do for our students, staff, and families!
- In recognition of Mother’s Day this coming Sunday, let us take a moment to reflect on all that mothers do for their children and for their families;
Mother’s Job Description: Full-time position with no guaranteed vacations or flexible hours. Must be available 24/7. Past experience in the following areas useful: nursing, counseling, teaching, dispute mediation, chauffeuring, housekeeping, and restaurant management. Once accepted, position lasts the rest of your life. The ideal candidate will have the strength of a pack mule (for loading kids and groceries in and out of the car), the patience of Job, and a heart as big as the universe. Must also be willing to be disliked—at least temporarily—until someone needs another cookie, a raise in their allowance, or a ride to the mall. Previous experience: None required. On-the-job training offered on a continually renewing basis. Benefits: No pension, no paid holidays and no stock options are offered. Position does offer limitless opportunities for personal growth, a lifetime supply of love, and the satisfaction of knowing that if the job is done well, your life will be richer and the world will be a better place.
A Blessing for Mothers
God of Love, listen to this prayer. God of Holy People, of Sarah, Ruth, and Rebekah; God of holy Elizabeth, mother of John, of Holy Mary, Mother of Jesus, bend down Your ear to this request and bless the mother of our family.
Bless her with the strength of Your spirit, she who has taught her children how to stand and walk.
Bless her with the melody of Your love, she who has shared how to speak, how to sing and how to pray to You.
Bless her with a place at Your eternal dinner table, she who has fed and nurtured the life that was formed within her while still helpless but embraced in her love.
Bless her today, now, in this lifetime, with good things, with health.
Bless her with joy, love, laughter, and pride in her child and surround her with many good friends.
May she who carried life in her womb be carried one day to Your divine embrace:
there, for all eternity, to rejoice with her family and friends.
This blessing and all grace, we pray, descend upon the mother of our family: in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
(Prayers for the Domestic Church/A handbook for worship in the home by Edward Hays)
Home and School:
- Mother and Son Kickball sponsored by our Home and School Association May 1st from 1:00-3:00 pm at St. Mark Church, 324 Gay St. Lancaster (Opportunity Center next to the church). Kickball, corn-hole, friends, and food for mothers and sons! Hot dogs, drinks, and other refreshments will be served. Cost is only $1.00 a person or $3.00 max per family. RSVP by sending an envelope with payment enclosed to the school office. Please list the names of people who will be attending from your family on the envelope.
- Cristy’s Pizza Cards only $25 for 6 buy one, get one FREE pizza sticker coupons. Please contact Eileen Gundelfinger at 740-277-7063 to purchase. Please make checks payable to Cristy’s Pizza.
- Our Home and School Association is accepting nominations for the positions of President, Vice President, and Secretary. These positions are open due simply to current officer terms ending.
- You can now order your SCRIP online! Signing up for “ShopWithScrip” is easy! If you are interested please contact us at email@example.com for our enrollment code, then follow the steps listed below.
- Go to: www.ShopWithScrip.com and click Register, then click Join A Scrip Program.
- Enter our enrollment code. By entering this code, your account will be associated with St. Mary’s Scrip program so you can begin earning rebates.
- Fill in all required personal information and click “I Accept”.
- Choose two security challenge questions from the list and provide answers.
If you want more information on how the online ordering works please go to www.ShopWithScrip.com and look at the promotional information provided. We will still be selling Scrip the traditional way, but by adding the online ordering you can purchase Scrip for last minute shopping. If you need something quickly you can order Srip on your phone and then use it instantly! You can find a list of retailers on their website which will show which cards are available as ecards, reloadable cards, or physical cards. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by phone or email!
- Schwan’s Care Campaign – Thank you to everyone who is helping to make this campaign a success!!
Our program began Sunday, 4/24/16, and already our school has earned $38.00 just for shopping and purchasing quality foods delivered right to your door! To place your order, visit:
This campaign ends in 43 days! So hurry and please share this with family and friends! Please contact Eileen Gundelfinger at 740-277-7063 with any questions.
- Parent surveys will be going home this week. Please complete them and return to school with your child no later than May 6. Thank you in advance for helping us to improve our program!
- Computer Club will be meeting May 10 and May 24 from 3:00-4:00pm in the computer lab. Students will be at the front door for pick-up at 4:00pm.
From Our Parish:
- DAY OF RECOLLECTION; LESSONS FROM WOMEN IN THE BIBLE. Saturday, April 30, St. Mary Spirit Center from 10:30am to 3:00pm. Presenter: Sister Louis Mary Passeri, O.P. Please call St. Mary Parish Office, 740-653-0997 to register. Registration on fee: $15.00 (lunch is included).
- Love Horses? Want to learn to ride? Come have fun and experience an equestrian education at Twin Maples Stable. Horseback riding lessons starting soon. Also, 4-H club participation is being offered. All projects are welcome. Contact Mrs. Foura, firstname.lastname@example.org, for information and scheduling.
- Fisher Catholic Summer Skills Camps for grades K-8 will be held this summer. Registration is due June 11.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder News to the school secretary by 2:30pm on Tuesday.