St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
April 27, 2017
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up to date information.
Links/Attachments in this Issue:
- Final tuition payments for the current school year were due by April 15 unless you had made other arrangements with the principal. Interim reports, final progress reports, and 8th grade diplomas will not be released to those whose accounts are in arrears, per school policy.
- Registration forms for the upcoming school year and EdChoice scholarship applications are due! Please contact the school office for more information!
- Today – K for a Day Kindergarten visit morning, Interim reports released, Benediction 1:45PM, St. Mary Parish First Penance 7:00PM
- Tomorrow, Friday, April 28 – SPIRIT DAY! Middle school musical production of Annie Jr. 7:00PM in the school gym $6.00 adults & $4.00 children/students (max of $20.00/family) with concessions available for donation
- This Saturday, April 29 – St. Mary Parish First Holy Communion Rehearsal 9:00AM
- This Sunday, April 30 – St. Mary Parish First Holy Communion at 11:15AM Mass
- Next Monday, May 1 – Shorts may be worn to school
- Next Tuesday and Wednesday, May 2-3 – Kindergarten screening (those children who are registered for Kindergarten for the upcoming year and are currently attending our preschool will be screened during class time ~ parents of children who are registered for Kindergarten who are not yet attending St. Mary will receive a call with a screening day/time)
- Next Tuesday, May 2 – Computer club after school
- Next Thursday and Friday, May 4-5 – NO PRESCHOOL
- Next Thursday, May 4 – Home and School Parent Association Meeting 7:00PM ~ Please attend!
- Next Friday, May 5 – CASUAL DAY, 1:00 PM EARLY DISMISSAL, Teacher Association Flower Sale pick-up
- Next Saturday, May 6 – Preschool Craft and Vendor Fair, Teacher Association Flower Sale pick-up
- Next Sunday, May 7 – Mother and Son Outing hosted by our Home and School Parent Association (see attachment for details), St. Mary Parish Confirmation meeting for those who will be making their Confirmation in 2018
- Grandparent Visit Day is coming May 11! This year’s event will be a reception with our Art sale and musical performances, followed by May Crowning. See the attachment for details and an RSVP form!
- Please visit our school Google calendar for all of our school activities this spring!
From the Principal’s Office:
- Please find our calendar for the 2017-2018 school year attached. Dates for 2017-2018 school activities/events will be announced in the coming weeks.
- Attached, please find an important letter sharing information about student grading practices in the Diocese of Columbus beginning in the 2017-2018 school year.
- We are so happy to share that our 5th grade class had a beautiful, fun-filled, and very spiritual overnight trip to Camp Damascus last week with their friends/classmates from St. Bernadette School! This year was the first time our 5th grade visited Camp Damascus (which also hosts Catholic Youth Summer Camp) and the students and chaperones couldn’t have enjoyed it more! From games and outdoor activities, to Benediction and prayer, their overall trip was life-changing! Thank you to our school and parish for providing the opportunity for our students to spend time there, and to the Camp Damascus staff!
- Summer Solutions Prevent summer learning loss with Summer Solutions workbooks. Summer Solutions provides the necessary review and practice that allows students to retain important math and language arts skills, not only over the summer break, but also for a lifetime. Available for Children Pre-K through Grade 8. Use the school code on the attached flyer and save shipping fees! Orders received before May 14 will be shipped to St Mary for pick-up. Books are $14.99 each.
- St. Mary Preschool Spring Craft and Vendor Fair Saturday, May 6, 9:00AM-2:00PM! Come shop in support of our preschool! Vendors welcome! See the attachments for information.
- SCRIP Donatos cards are back in stock (write in Donatos $10 and the amount of cards you’re ordering on the bottom of the SCRIP form). Buy gift cards through SCRIP and a portion of the card amount goes to your tuition! Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month and earn a casual day for your child the following month. SCRIP needs a new volunteer to help this summer and for the upcoming school year. Contact Randi Anderson (740) 407-7870 for information.
- It’s time to re-enroll in Kroger Community Rewards! Make sure to update your account to St. Mary School.
- Support St. Mary School any time/any place you shop online through goodsearch.com or goodshop.com and designate St Mary Catholic Elementary School as your charity!
- Christy’s Pizza Cards for sale! Six buy one get one free sticker coupons for only $25.00! A portion of the proceeds comes back to our school.
- Schwan’s Campaign Number for St. Mary School ~ 32113. Order Schwan’s at https://www.schwans-cares.com and a portion of the sales come back to fund field trips, COSI on Wheels, and enrichment programs.
Home and School Parent Association:
- Mother and son event coming Sunday, May 7 sponsored by our Home and School (RSVP by April 28)! See the attachment for more information and an RSVP form.
- 36th Annual Fisher Catholic Bid O’Luck Dinner Auction, April 29, Moonlit Masquerade. Gourmet meal by Cheers & Lakeside Chalet, full selection of beverages, and fabulous items in the Silent and Grand Auctions. Raffle tickets available to win the Pot-of-Gold prizes (one $7,500 and five $500 payouts). Contact Kellie Shonk at email@example.com, 740-654-1231, or visit www.fishercatholic.org/bid-o-luck for information.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder to the school secretary by 2:30 pm on Tuesdays.