Thursday Folder News
Attachments in this Issue:
- Next Tuesday, April 26 – Computer Club meets after school.
- Next Wednesday, April 27 –
- “You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown” St. Mary School musical 7:00 pm in the school gym ~ Please join us! Tickets are $6.00 for adults, $4.00 for children and senior citizens, or $20.00 for a family.
- Mother and Son Kickball RSVP and money due to the school office (see Home and School announcements below for details).
- Next Thursday, April 28 –
- Grandparent visit lunch RSVP and lunch payment for grandparents due to the school office. (Grandparents visit will be Thursday, May 12 followed by May Crowning and our Art Sale! A schedule for the day was sent home with the youngest and only in each family.)
- “K for a Day” visit morning! Our St. Mary Preschool and prospective incoming Kindergartners will visit Mrs. Clouse and her class for the morning! Information will be sent home to our current preschool parents and all those who are registered for Kindergarten next year. Please call the school office if your child isn’t registered for Kindergarten and you would like information!
- Benediction 1:45 pm.
- Interim Reports released.
- Next Friday, April 29 – Spirit Day!
- Next Saturday, April 30 – Fisher Catholic “Vintage Vegas “ Bid O’ Luck! Doors open at 5:30 pm. Silent auction followed by dinner and the grand auction. For more information contact Kellie Shonk (email@example.com) or call 740-654-1231.
- Uniform shorts may be worn to school beginning Monday, May 2, per school policy. Middle school boys in grades 6-8 will be required to wear their uniform ties on Mass days and on the day of May Crowning. Please remember to dress your child for the weather, even during the month of May, as we may still have chilly days and rain.
From the Principal’s Office:
- EdChoice Expansion Scholarships are still available to students entering Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd grade next year! The initial application period closes at the end of next week. This scholarship pays up to $4,650.00 in school tuition. Your child will keep this scholarship all the way through 12th grade as long as your family continues to qualify! Contact the school office for renewal or new application forms.
Home and School:
- Mother and Son Kickball sponsored by our Home and School Association May 1st from 1:00-3:00 pm at St. Mark Church, 324 Gay St. Lancaster (Opportunity Center next to the church). Kickball, corn-hole, friends, and food for mothers and sons! Hot dogs, drinks, and other refreshments will be served. Cost is only $1.00 a person or $3.00 max per family. RSVP by sending an envelope with payment enclosed to the school office by Wednesday April 27. Please list the names of people who will be attending from your family on the envelope.
- Cristy’s Pizza Cards only $25 for 6 buy one, get one FREE pizza sticker coupons. Please contact Eileen Gundelfinger at 740-277-7063 to purchase. Please make checks payable to Cristy’s Pizza.
- Our Home and School Association is accepting nominations for the positions of President, Vice President, and Secretary. These positions are open due simply to current officer terms ending.
- Pre-made school supply kits will not be offered for next year, however, our class supply lists will be shared with our school community soon so that parents can plan ahead.
- You can now order your SCRIP online! Signing up for “ShopWithScrip” is easy! If you are interested please contact us at for our enrollment code, then follow the steps listed below.
- Go to: www.ShopWithScrip.com and click Register, then click Join A Scrip Program.
- Enter our enrollment code. By entering this code, your account will be associated with St. Mary’s Scrip program so you can begin earning rebates.
- Fill in all required personal information and click “I Accept”.
- Choose two security challenge questions from the list and provide answers.
If you want more information on how the online ordering works please go to www.ShopWithScrip.com and look at the promotional information provided. We will still be selling Scrip the traditional way, but by adding the online ordering you can purchase Scrip for last minute shopping. If you need something quickly you can order Scrip on your phone and then use it instantly! You can find a list of retailers on their website which will show which cards are available as ecards, reloadable cards, or physical cards. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by phone or email!
- WE’RE LAUNCHING OUR FIRST SCHWAN’S ORDERING CAMPAIGN! Delicious food items delivered RIGHT TO YOUR DOOR from Schwan’s! Order and our school earns money for E2 activities (like class field trips and COSI on Wheels)! This will be a pilot program running from April 24-June 8. Through Schwans-Cares.com, you can order from Schwan’s Home Delivery and help our organization meet its fundraising goals. There are over 350 food items to choose from. Food orders placed by June 8, 2016 will earn 20% and e-card sales will earn a profit of 40% for our school. Here are two ways to support us!
- Visit schwans-cares.com/c/27129
- Click “Shop to Give”
- (Select team member if applicable)
- Start shopping
ORDER BY PHONE:
- Call 1-855-870-7208
- Provide Campaign ID: 27129 (and Team Member ID if applicable)
- Place your order
- It’s time to re-enroll for the new year of Kroger Community Rewards. Please go to www.krogercommunityrewards.com, to re-enroll your card for St. Mary School!
- Computer Club will be meeting April 26, May 10 and May 24 from 3:00-4:00pm in the computer lab. Students will be at the front door for pick-up at 4:00pm.
- If you are a school parent who has completed the NASP training, has a background check and Protecting God’s Children, and you are interested in running our new Archery Club, please contact the school office. The Archery Club will be open to St. Mary students in grades 4-8 and will practice after school. We are in need of one more parent volunteer to run this club.
From Our Parish:
- DAY OF RECOLLECTION; LESSONS FROM WOMEN IN THE BIBLE. Saturday, April 30, St. Mary Spirit Center from 10:30 am to 3:00 pm. Presenter: Sister Louis Mary Passeri, O.P. Please call St. Mary Parish Office, 740-653-0997 to register. Registration on fee: $15.00 (lunch is included).
- The next gathering of Sandwich Saturday will be April 23 at 8:00 am in the Spirit Center. Come join us for fellowship while we feed the hungry in our community! Call Alishia Snoke at 740-407-5870 with any questions.
- Love Horses? Want to learn to ride? Come have fun and experience an equestrian education at Twin Maples Stable. Horseback riding lessons starting soon. Also, 4-H club participation is being offered. All projects are welcome. Contact Mrs. Foura, firstname.lastname@example.org, for information and scheduling.
- Fisher Catholic Summer Skills Camps for grades K-8 will be held this summer. Please see the attached brochure for more information and a registration form. Registration is due June 11.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder News to the school secretary by 2:30pm on Tuesday.