St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
April 13, 2017
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up to date information.
Links/Attachments in this Issue:
- Today, Thursday, April 13 – Flower orders due! All proceeds go to our tuition assistance fund courtesy of our St. Mary Teacher Association! See the attachment for information and an order form.
- Friday, April 14 and Monday, April 17 – No school (Easter break)
- Tuesday, April 18 – Computer Club after school
- Wednesday, April 19 – 5th grade leaves for Camp Damascus overnight trip with St. Bernadette, Diocesan Honors Choir trip
- Final tuition payments for the current school year are due by tomorrow (unless you have made other arrangements through the principal)
- Please visit our school Google calendar for all of our school activities this spring!
From the Principal’s Office:
- Our middle school choir has been invited to sing the National Anthem at the State of the County Address on Tuesday, April 25! Thank you to Mrs. Silleck for the wonderful work she does with our choir!
- Our middle school Spring Musical “Annie Jr.” will be performed on Wednesday, April 26 and Friday, April 28 at 7:00PM in the school gym. All middle school students will be starring in our production and we look forward to seeing you there!
- St. Mary Preschool Spring Craft and Vendor Fair Saturday, May 6, 9:00AM-2:00PM! Come shop in support of our preschool! Vendors welcome! See the attachments for information.
- SCRIP WILL BE SOLD TODAY AFTER SCHOOL 2:00-3:00PM. Buy your gifts cards before Easter break! Donatos cards are back in stock (write in Donatos $10 and the amount of cards you’re ordering on the bottom of the SCRIP form). Buy gift cards through SCRIP and a portion of the card amount goes to your tuition! Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month and earn a casual day for your child the following month. SCRIP needs a new volunteer to help this summer and for the upcoming school year. Contact Randi Anderson (740) 407-7870 for information.
- It’s time to re-enroll in Kroger Community Rewards! Make sure to update your account to St. Mary School.
- Support St. Mary School any time/any place you shop online through goodsearch.com or goodshop.com and designate St Mary Catholic Elementary School as your charity!
- Christy’s Pizza Cards for sale! Six buy one get one free sticker coupons for only $25.00! A portion of the proceeds comes back to our school.
- New Schwan’s Campaign Number for St. Mary School is 32113. Order Schwan’s and a portion of the sales come back to fund field trips, COSI on Wheels, and enrichment programs. Place your order today at https://www.schwans-cares.com.
- Our 6th, 7th and 8th grade students are busy getting ready for this year’s spring musical Annie Jr. Middle school parents/students, please see the attachment from Mrs. Walsh for details about costumes! As we work to recreate 1933 New York in the midst of the depression, there are some items that would help to enhance our set. We would greatly appreciate it if you would check attics, basements and storage sheds for any of the following pieces:
- Victorian style furniture for the Warbucks mansion, in particular,
- a small sofa or loveseat
- a table to use as Warbuck’s desk
- a small side table with a plant or fern
- Fancy drapes or fabric for the Warbucks living room.
- An old-fashioned wheelchair for President Roosevelt (or a chair that can be refashioned with wheels to give us the same effect).
- Foam or carpet padding, and white muslin or old sheets to fashion beds for the orphanage on our wooden risers.
- A small, old looking desk for Miss Hannigan’s office.
- An old fashioned radio
- Rolling laundry hamper
- Dog costume (for Sandy)
- 1930’s style hats, gloves, purses
If you are able to donate any of these items for our show, please email Mrs. Walsh ~ email@example.com. We will return borrowed items when the show is completed.
IMPORTANT: We will be using many of the scenery pieces that were used for the production at Fisher Catholic, which were designed to accommodate both shows. If there are any parents/grandparents who can help to put the scenery pieces back together within the next week, please contact Mrs. Walsh ASAP. Thank you for helping us to continue our tradition of excellence in the arts!
- Computer Club will be meeting April 18, May 2, and May 16.
- We welcome your interest in becoming a member of the St. Mary School Advisory Board. Terms are for a period of three years, and begin with the June meeting following the election. To be considered eligible, candidates must be a St. Mary Parish member or the parent of a child attending Saint Mary School (grades K-8). Interested individuals are asked to complete the application, available on the school website or in the school or parish offices, and submit it via email to Holly Uhl or to either the school or parish office by April 17, 2017.
Home and School Parent Association:
- Mother and son event coming Sunday, May 7 sponsored by our Home and School (RSVP by April 28)! See the attachment for more information and an RSVP form.
- 36th Annual Fisher Catholic Bid O’Luck Dinner Auction, April 29, Moonlit Masquerade. Gourmet meal by Cheers & Lakeside Chalet, full selection of beverages, and fabulous items in the Silent and Grand Auctions. Raffle tickets available to win the Pot-of-Gold prizes (one $7,500 and five $500 payouts). Contact Kellie Shonk at firstname.lastname@example.org, 740-654-1231, or visit www.fishercatholic.org/bid-o-luck for information.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder to the school secretary by 2:30pm on Tuesdays.