St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
March 9, 2017
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up to date information.
Attachments/Links in this Issue:
2nd & 3rd grade Pledge of Allegiance on 104.9 TheRiver
Facts Tuition Aid application
EdChoice Expansion Scholarship Application
Jon Peterson Special Needs Scholarship Application
Lenten Ideas “40 Ideas for 40 Days”
St. Joseph Father-Daughter dance information
- This Sunday, March 12 – St. Mary Parish Confirmation Retreat at St. Mark
- Wednesday, March 15 – FACTS tuition assistance applications due!
- Wednesday, March 15 – 7th grade International Food Fair
- Tuition payments are due next Wednesday, March 15! Your account must be up to date in order for your child’s progress report to be released on March 23.
- Friday, March 17 – Green casual day! Follow the casual day dress code and show your Irish pride!
- Saturday, March 18 – District Science Fair
- Registration forms for the 2017-2018 school year are due by March 24. Thank you!
From the Principal’s Office:
- Missed the live airing of our St. Mary 2nd and 3rd graders reciting the Pledge of Allegiance on 104.9 The River last week? Visit the morning show page on the 104.9 website at www.1049theriver.com to listen to our students!
- Diocesan tuition assistance applications for the 2017-2018 school year must be completed online at www.factstuitionaid.com by March 15. In order to apply for any of our St. Mary tuition scholarships or assistance you MUST complete the application for Diocesan tuition assistance through FACTS.
- Income-based EdChoice Expansion Scholarships are available for the 2017-2018 school year for students entering Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade! This state scholarship allows families who meet income eligibility guidelines to send their children to St. Mary School at little to no cost, and your child/ren will keep their scholarship through 12th grade as long as your family continues to qualify. Please contact the school office or visit http://education.ohio.gov/edchoice for more information.
- Jon Peterson Special Needs Scholarships are available for the upcoming school year for students who have an Individualized Education Program (IEP) from their public school district. The scholarship may be used for tuition and services to meet the needs of the student, and the amount of the scholarship awarded is based on the disability identified on the student’s IEP. For more information, visit http://education.ohio.gov/jonpeterson.
- For wonderful Lenten resources and ideas for your family, read Joe Paprocki’s article “40 Ideas for 40 Days” at http://catechistsjourney.loyolapress.com.
- Is your child missing something? There is a growing collection of fleeces, shirts, shorts and uniform jumpers in the lost and found. Please come claim your clothing!
- It’s time to print your Kroger Community Rewards statements. Be sure to list the family name to receive credit on your statement and send to SCRIP. Purchase gift cards from our SCRIP program and a portion of the card amount goes towards your tuition! Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month and earn a casual day for your child the following month. Tuition credit earned through SCRIP for the upcoming school year ends March 31. If you want to boost your sales for your tuition credit you have until the end of the month. You can still earn tuition credit for Fisher Catholic High School through your St. Mary SCRIP purchases. We transfer your credit to Fisher Catholic! SCRIP will be sold on Fridays after school through Spring Break for your last minute shopping! Be sure to stop by the SCRIP table outside the gym between 2:15-3:00PM on Fridays. SCRIP is looking for a new volunteer for help this summer and for the upcoming school year. If interested please contact Randi Anderson (740) 407-7870 for more information.
- Support St. Mary School any time/any place you shop online through goodsearch.com or goodshop.com and designate St Mary Catholic Elementary School as your charity!
- Christy’s Pizza Cards for sale! Six buy one get one free sticker coupons for only $25.00! A portion of the proceeds comes back to our school.
- Order Schwan’s Home Food Service and a portion of the sales will come back to our E2 Program (Enlighten and Enrichment) to fund class field trips, COSI on Wheels, and Math, Science, and Art enrichment programs. Follow the link to place your order today: https://www.schwans-cares.com/campaigns/29090.
- Computer Club: Just a reminder, the computer club will be meeting March 21, April 4, April 18, May 2 and May 16. We have a good group who are exploring programming, debugging and collaboration. We hope to share some projects in the near future!
From the Parish:
- St. Mary of the Assumption Parish Mission, “I believe in One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church” presented by Fr. Thomas Blau, O.P. will be held on March 6-9 at 7:00PM.
- Lenten Penance Services in our Deanery;
Sunday, March 19 – St. Joseph Church, Circleville 4:00PM
Monday, March 20 – St. John Church, Logan 7:00PM
Tuesday, March 21 – St. Mark Church, Lancaster 7:00PM
Monday, March 27 – St. Joseph Church, Sugar Grove 7:00PM
Sunday, April 2 – St. Bernadette Church, Lancaster 2:00PM
Sunday, April 9 – St. Mary Church, Bremen 3:00PM
- St. Joseph Father-daughter dance Saturday, March 18 immediately following the 5:30PM Mass in the Spirit Center. See the attachment for details!
- St. John Trivia Night March 18! Get your team together and join us for a night of fun, food, drinks, and trivia. Form a team of 6 or join a team the night of the event. Enjoy pub-style food and a “donation” bar while competing for prizes and bragging rights. Raffles, prizes, and a silent auction between trivia rounds. There’s something for everyone. Master of Ceremonies will be Mr. Joe Holbrook, Dean of Students at William V. Fisher Catholic High School. Spaces are limited! $20 per person or $100 for a team of six. Contact Jim Hahn for tickets or more information 740-380-0395, email@example.com. Proceeds go toward the St. John CYSC (Catholic Youth Summer Camp) Fund. See the attachment for more information.
- Knight of Columbus Council 1016 Fish Fry, Fridays during Lent and the Friday after Easter, 4:30-7:30PM. Adults $8.00 and children $6.00.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder to the school secretary by 2:30pm on Tuesdays.