St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
March 2, 2017
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up to date information.
- Today, Thursday, March 2 – Home and School Meeting 7:00PM
- Tomorrow, Friday, March 3 – Pledge of Allegiance recorded by our 2nd and 3rd graders airs on 104.9 The River at/shortly after 8:20AM! Please tune in!
- Tomorrow, Friday, March 3 – Preschool family movie night
From the Principal’s Office:
- Be sure to listen to 104.9 The River TOMORROW at (or just after) 8:20AM to hear our 2nd and 3rd graders reciting the Pledge of Allegiance! If you can’t tune in at 8:20AM, you can visit the morning show page on the 104.9 website at www.1049theriver.com to listen to our students!
- What will your family be doing for Lent this year? Consider taking part in these Lenten opportunities at St. Mary Parish;
Ash Wednesday Food Drive – Please bring nonperishable food items to Mass to be given to the St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry
Stations of the Cross – Fridays during Lent at 7:00PM, Living Stations of the Cross presented by St. Mary School 8th grade April 7
Evening Prayer – Sundays of Lent at 4:00PM
Operation Rice Bowl – A second collection will be taken at all Sunday Masses to help address hunger worldwide (a portion of the collection will remain in our community)
Pray the Rosary – The Rosary is prayed at 5:00PM Saturday, prior to Mass or you can pray it any time as a family
St. Mary Parish Mission – March 6 through March 9
St. Mary Parish Lenten Penance Service – March 7 (to be held during the Parish Mission)
St. Vincent de Paul Society Food Collection – Nonperishable food items may be placed on the tables and/or tubs in the back of church or in the south vestibule during Lent (and year round)
Morning Prayer – Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and Holy Saturday at 9:00AM
- Registration information for the 2017-2018 school year was sent home with students. Please return your registration forms by March 24. Thank you!
- Diocesan tuition assistance applications for the 2017-2018 school year must be completed online at www.factstuitionaid.com by March 15. In order to apply for any of our St. Mary tuition scholarships or assistance you MUST complete the application for Diocesan tuition assistance through FACTS.
- Income-based EdChoice Expansion Scholarships are available for the 2017-2018 school year for students entering Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade! This state scholarship allows families who meet income eligibility guidelines to send their children to St. Mary School at little to no cost, and your child/ren will keep their scholarship through 12th grade as long as your family continues to qualify. Please contact the school office or visit http://education.ohio.gov/edchoice for more information.
- Jon Peterson Special Needs Scholarships are available for the upcoming school year for students who have an Individualized Education Program (IEP) from their public school district. The scholarship may be used for tuition and services to meet the needs of the student, and the amount of the scholarship awarded is based on the disability identified on the student’s IEP. For more information, visit http://education.ohio.gov/jonpeterson.
- Parents: Is your child missing something? There is a growing collection of fleeces, shirts, shorts and uniform jumpers in the lost and found. Please come claim your clothing!
- Purchase gift cards from our SCRIP program and a portion of the card amount goes towards your tuition! Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month and earn a casual day for your child the following month. Send orders to school on Mondays or stop in the copy room by 10:00AM on Mondays. SCRIP IS NO LONGER SOLD ON FRIDAYS AFTER SCHOOL. Call Judy McGonagle 740-215-8456 or Amy Conrad 740-438-0689 with questions, or email: email@example.com.
- Support St. Mary School any time/any place you shop online through goodsearch.com or goodshop.com and designate St Mary Catholic Elementary School as your charity!
- Christy’s Pizza Cards for sale! Six buy one get one free sticker coupons for only $25.00! A portion of the proceeds comes back to our school.
- Order Schwan’s Home Food Service and a portion of the sales will come back to our E2 Program (Enlighten and Enrichment) to fund class field trips, COSI on Wheels, and Math, Science, and Art enrichment programs. Follow the link to place your order today: https://www.schwans-cares.com/campaigns/29090.
- Computer Club: Just a reminder, the computer club will be meeting March 7, March 21, April 4, April 18, May 2 and May 16. We have a good group who are exploring programming, debugging and collaboration. We hope to share some projects in the near future!
From the Parish:
- St. Mary of the Assumption Parish Mission, “I believe in One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church” presented by Fr. Thomas Blau, O.P. will be held on March 6-9 at 7:00PM. Please see the attachment for more information.
- Lenten Penance Services in our Deanery;
Tuesday, March 7 – St. Mary Church, Lancaster 7:00PM
Sunday, March 19 – St. Joseph Church, Circleville 4:00PM
Monday, March 20 – St. John Church, Logan 7:00PM
Tuesday, March 21 – St. Mark Church, Lancaster 7:00PM
Monday, March 27 – St. Joseph Church, Sugar Grove 7:00PM
Sunday, April 2 – St. Bernadette Church, Lancaster 2:00PM
Sunday, April 9 – St. Mary Church, Bremen 3:00PM
- St. Joseph Father-daughter dance Saturday, March 18 immediately following the 5:30PM Mass in the Spirit Center.
- Knights of Columbus Council 1016 Fish Fry, Fridays during Lent and the Friday after Easter, 4:30-7:30PM. Adults $8.00 and children $6.00.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder to the school secretary by 2:30pm on Tuesdays.