Thursday Folder News
Attachments in this Issue:
- This Friday, March 11 – 1:00pm Early Dismissal with St. Bernadette School. No afternoon buses. Kids CARE available!
- TODAY – International Food Fair presented by our 7th graders in the school gym from 12:45pm-2:00pm. All family and friends are welcome!
- This Saturday, March 12 – Joseph Father Daughter Dance from 6:30-8:30pm for girls in St. Mary grades preschool through fifth grade. Contact Kellie Boyden at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- This Saturday, March 12 – Spring Trivia Night at St. John in Logan! See the “Community News” section below for details!
- This Sunday, March 13 – TIME TO SPRING FORWARD! Daylight Savings begins!
- This Sunday, March 13 – First Holy Communion parent session at 10:00 am in the Spirit Center (for the parents of children who will be making this sacrament at St. Mary of the Assumption parish).
- Next Tuesday, March 15 – Good luck to our Battle of the Books Team and our students who will be participating in the Diocesan Honors Choir! Both events will be held in Columbus.
- Next Tuesday, March 15 – FACTS tuition assistance applications are due! factstuitionaid.com
- Next Wednesday, March 16 – School Mission Bingo service project! See the “Classroom Announcements” section below for more information!
- NEXT THURSDAY, MARCH 17 – GREEN CASUAL DAY FOR THE WHOLE SCHOOL FOR ST. PATRICK’S DAY!!
- Next Thursday, March 17 – Field trip to Fisher for grades 5-8 for the performance of “Bye, Bye Birdie.” Please remember to return your permission slips!
- REMEMBER TO RETURN YOUR TUITION AGREEMENT FORM TO ENROLL YOUR CHILD FOR THE UPCOMING SCHOOL YEAR!
- Order your 2015/2016 school yearbook for special early bird pricing of only $15.00 per book!
- Spring Flower Sale order forms will be available March 29 from our Teacher Association. All proceeds from the Flower Sale go towards tuition assistance!
From the Principal’s Office:
- Lenten Penance Services in our Deanery are available to your family on the following dates:
Tonight at St. Mary of the Assumption at 7:00 pm
Sunday, March 13 at St. Bernadette at 3:00 pm
Tuesday, March 15 at St. Joseph in Sugar Grove at 7:00 pm
Sunday, March 20 at St. Mary in Bremen at 3:00 pm
- EdChoice Expansion Scholarships available to students entering Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd grade next year! Please contact the school office for renewal or new application forms.
Home and School:
- Cristy’s Pizza Cards only $25 for 6 buy one, get one FREE pizza sticker coupons. Please contact Eileen Gundelfinger at 740-277-7063 to purchase. Please make checks payable to Cristy’s Pizza.
- For your Spirit Store needs, questions, or suggestions please send an email to email@example.com. Please enclose cash or check in an envelope marked Spirit Store and name of student with orders, and place the envelope in the locked box attached to the Spirit Store display case, or your child can give it to his or her homeroom teacher to be sent to the office.
- KROGER REWARDS: Not registered? Go to the Kroger website and click on Community. Log in, and click on “my account.” Scroll all the way down and you will find “rewards.” Simply enter our number “83479” and that’s it! You and St. Mary can earn money.
- SCRIP is processed on Monday mornings in the school copy room. Click here for an order form or stop in Mondays 8:00 am-10:00 am, and Fridays after school 2:15 pm-3:00 pm to place your order. Questions? Call Judy McGonagle 740-215-8456 or Amy Conrad 740-438-0689, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. How does SCRIP work? Buy gift cards for items you are already going to purchase and the school earns a portion of the card amount. Want to get a SCRIP casual day pass for your child? Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month to earn casual day passes for the following month.
- The Fisher STEAM Club will be visiting our middle schoolers on Monday to celebrate Pi Day with some fun and educational activities!
- The House of St. Thomas and the Kindergarten class have once again partnered to sponsor Mission Bingo, a Lenten service project, on Wednesday, March 16. All St. Mary students will join together for an hour of Bingo, buddies, snacks, and fabulous prizes, while raising money for a worthy cause! Mrs. Dreyer will be our caller for the afternoon. The cost is $2.00 per student, or $4.00 for a family with multiple children. River Valley Cinemark popcorn, McDonald’s orange drink, and as many Bingo games as we can fit into one hour are included! Prizes will be provided by the Kindergarten and House of St. Thomas students. Proceeds will benefit Ilusion Latina, a group home for at-risk children in Cusco, Peru. Elizabeth Shumaker, a 2002 graduate of St. Mary School, now lives in Peru and works with these children, who have been subject to poverty, abandonment, abuse, and violence. In Peru, there is no foster care system and children are left to fend for themselves. Elizabeth has asked for our help in raising money for school supplies as they begin their school year. **THANK YOU to River Valley Cinemark Theater for donating popcorn and McDonalds for donating drink for our project, and to Home and School for purchasing new Bingo equipment!
- Mark your calendars!! Our middle school students are preparing the Spring Musical. We will have an afternoon dress rehearsal during school hours on Wednesday, April 27th, and a 7:00 pm performance the same day. Be watching for more information, show times, cast lists, exciting school flash mob surprises and the highly anticipated: Beethoven Day!! You won’t want to be the one hearing about all the excitement the day after you missed the show!! Please join us, Wednesday, April 27 at 7:00pm!
- Computer Club will be meeting March 29, April 12, April 26, May 10 and May 24 from 3:00-4:00pm in the computer lab. Students will be at the front door for pick-up at 4:00pm.
- 6th grade Summer Math Academy with Mrs. Funk coming this summer! Students must be registered for St. Mary’s 6th grade for the 2016/2017 school year. Program will be offered online and at St. Mary. The cost to participate is only $12.00 for the purchase of a summer workbook. More information will be sent home to our 5th graders of St. Mary and St. Bernadette. Register by April 1 by calling the school office.
- Preschool registration is open! SPACE IS LIMITED! We will have 2 morning classes (3 day or 5 day), 2 afternoon classes (3 day or 5 day), and the option to attend all day for morning students, or stay for an extended class for afternoon students next year.
- Preschool Spring Flea Market Sale May 7 from 10:00am-2:00pm. We’re reserving tables now for those who wish to sell their items ~ tools, clothes, housewares, crafts, Mary Kay, Thirty-one, etc. Each table is $20.00! Email Miss Angie at email@example.com for an application!
- The athletic survey was emailed to all school parents. Please complete the survey (one per family) by next Wednesday, March 16. Print and send in the final page of the survey with your child’s name on it and they will receive a casual day pass from Mrs. Schornack!
From Our Parish:
- As our Alpha Program continues with great spiritual fruit, our parish is preparing for the next phase in our Catholic Evangelization and Formation series. SYMBOLON – The Catholic Faith Explained – will be a 10-part Series on Tuesday evenings over dinner beginning on Tuesday, 29 March at 6.30 pm in the Spirit Center. Registrations for this faith series with dinner and small group discussion will be taken on sign-up sheets in the main and south entrances of the church over the coming weeks. The deadline to register is 16 March. Please contact Brian McCauley with any questions. More information available on the parish website: http://www.stmarylancaster.org/2015/?page_id=3051
- Spring Trivia Night March 12, 6:30pm-9:30pm at St. John, Logan! Get your team together for a night of fun, food, drinks, and trivia. Form a team of 6 or join a team the night of the event. Enjoy pub-style food and a “donation” bar while competing for prizes and bragging rights. Raffles, prizes, and a silent auction between trivia rounds. Space is limited! $15.00 per person or $80.00 for a team of 6. Contact Jim Hahn for tickets or information ~ 380-0395 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Proceeds go towards the St. John Catholic Youth Summer Camp fund!
- Don’t miss the 2016 Fisher Catholic production of “Bye Bye Birdie.” Conrad Birdie (Jacob Holbrook) is the biggest rock & roll star of the 50’s ever to be drafted. Aspiring English teacher and songwriter Albert (Carter Corcoran) is convinced he can make his fortune and marry his girlfriend Rosie (Sarah Bennett) if he gets Conrad on the Ed Sullivan show to kiss high school girl Kim Peterson (Kylie Carbol) goodbye. Albert’s mother (Kennedi Christie) will do anything to break him up with Rosie. Kim and Hugo (Jacob Moses), the high school steadies, live in Sweet Apple, Ohio where most of the action takes place, and they’ve never seen anything like this before!
The show will be presented March 18 and 19 at 7:30 p.m. in the Fisher Catholic auditorium. Tickets are $10 for adults and $6 for students. Children 4 and under are free. Visit http://fishercatholic.ticketleap.com/fcbbb/t/fcmusical16stmary to order tickets online.
- The next gathering of Sandwich Saturday will be March 19 at 8:00 am in the Spirit Center. Come join us for fellowship while we feed the hungry in our community! Donations are always welcome! Mark your calendars for future dates; April 23, and May 21 all starting at 8:00am. Call Alishia Snoke at 740-407-5870 with any questions.
- JUST FOR 6TH GRADERS: Last year we started a new tradition for St. Mary School and St. John School 6th graders – a fun, casual dance and game night! This year’s event will take place on Saturday, April 9 from 7:00pm-9:00pm in the St. Mary Spirit Center.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder News to the school secretary by 2:30 pm on Tuesday.