St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
February 23, 2017
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up to date information.
Attachments/Links in this Issue:
- Tomorrow, Friday, February 24 – Spirit Day!
- This Sunday, February 26 – OPEN HOUSE 10:00AM-2:00PM (Please invite a potential new family to attend!)
- Next Week, February 27-March 3 – St. Mary School celebrates Dr. Seuss Week!
- Next Wednesday, March 1 – Ash Wednesday, students and staff will attend Mass at 9:00AM
- Next Thursday, March 2 – Home and School Meeting 7:00PM
- Next Friday, March 3 – Pledge of Allegiance recorded by our 2nd and 3rd graders airs on 104.9 The River at/shortly after 8:20AM!
From the Principal’s Office:
- “Principal Pics” coming soon to our St. Mary Facebook page! Follow the footsteps of Ms. Schornack as she travels throughout the school for her daily/weekly walk-throughs!
- Be sure to listen to 104.9 The River on March 3 at (or just after) 8:20AM to hear our 2nd and 3rd graders reciting the Pledge of Allegiance! If you can’t tune in at 8:20AM, you can visit the morning show page on the 104.9 website at www.1049theriver.com to listen to our students!
- Registration information for the 2017-2018 school year will be sent to our school families at the end of this week. Registration for NEW families begins this Sunday, February 26 at our annual OPEN HOUSE! Please plan to join us from 10:00AM-2:00PM and please invite a new family with preschool/school-age children to attend, as well!
- Diocesan tuition assistance applications for the 2017-2018 school year must be completed online at www.factstuitionaid.com by March 15. File your 2016 taxes early! See the attachment for more information. In order to apply for any of our St. Mary tuition scholarships or assistance you MUST complete the application for Diocesan tuition assistance through FACTS.
- Income-based EdChoice Expansion Scholarships are available for the 2017-2018 school year for students entering Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade! This state scholarship allows families who meet income eligibility guidelines to send their children to St. Mary School at little to no cost, and your child/ren will keep their scholarship through 12th grade as long as your family continues to qualify. Please contact the school office or visit http://education.ohio.gov/edchoice for more information.
- Jon Peterson Special Needs Scholarships are available for the upcoming school year for students who have an Individualized Education Program (IEP) from their public school district. The scholarship may be used for tuition and services to meet the needs of the student, and the amount of the scholarship awarded is based on the disability identified on the student’s IEP. For more information, visit http://education.ohio.gov/jonpeterson.
- The Ohio Catholic Federal Credit Union will award $35,000.00 in scholarships for Catholic education for the upcoming school year. Applications (accepted until March 3) and membership information can be found at http://www.ohiocatholicfcu.com.
- Purchase gift cards from our SCRIP program and a portion of the card amount goes towards your tuition! Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month and earn a casual day for your child the following month. Send orders to school on Mondays or stop in the copy room by 10:00AM on Mondays. SCRIP IS NO LONGER SOLD ON FRIDAYS AFTER SCHOOL. Call Judy McGonagle 740-215-8456 or Amy Conrad 740-438-0689 with questions, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Support St. Mary School any time/any place you shop online through goodsearch.com or goodshop.com and designate St Mary Catholic Elementary School as your charity!
- Christy’s Pizza Cards for sale! Six buy one get one free sticker coupons for only $25.00! A portion of the proceeds comes back to our school.
- Order Schwan’s Home Food Service and a portion of the sales will come back to our E2 Program (Enlighten and Enrichment) to fund class field trips, COSI on Wheels, and Math, Science, and Art enrichment programs. Follow the link to place your order today: https://www.schwans-cares.com/campaigns/29090.
- Spring is just around the corner, and we are compiling a list of the 7th and 8th graders who would be interested in playing baseball on a combined club team. Please email Ben Burke at email@example.com if your child would like to play so we can ensure there is enough interest to move forward with forming the club team. Go Irish!
From the Parish:
- The next gathering of Sandwich Saturday will be this Saturday, February 25 at 8:00AM in the Spirit Center. Come join us for fellowship while we feed the hungry in our community! Donations are always welcome; white bread, bologna, individually wrapped sliced cheese, and sandwich baggies. Call Alishia Snoke at 740-407-5870 with any questions.
- St. Mary of the Assumption Parish Mission, “I believe in One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church” presented by Fr. Thomas Blau, O.P. will be held on March 6-9 at 7:00PM. Please see the attachment for more information.
- St. Joseph Father-daughter dance Saturday, March 18 immediately following the 5:30PM Mass in the Spirit Center. Please see the attached registration form for more information!
- Fairfield County and the 33 Development Alliance are asking residents of Fairfield County to help map its future by completing a Community Technology Assessment. The survey is available at http://connectmycommunity.org/fairfield-county/ and will provide information critical to schools and businesses in identifying technology needs of its students and workforce. Survey results will be compiled to aide the school systems and county agencies in securing technology grants, attracting new businesses and helping to ensure that residents all over the county have quick and reliable access to the internet. The survey takes less than 10 minutes to complete. The goal is 1,500 respondents by the end of March. Please contact Rick at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder to the school secretary by 2:30 pm on Tuesdays.