St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
February 2, 2017
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up to date information.
Attachment/Links in this Issue:
School Closet 20% off coupon – school uniform supplier
- Today, Thursday, February 2 – Home and School parent meeting 7:00pm (agenda attached)
From the Principal’s Office:
- Our students recently completed their mid-year online STAR assessments. The STAR assessments are just one of the tools that your child’s teacher uses to monitor growth throughout the year and determine appropriate instructional levels and skills. A parent report will be sent home with the youngest and only child in each family today (please note that parent signature is not required as this will be your copy to keep).
- Diocesan tuition assistance applications for the 2017-2018 school year must be completed online at www.factstuitionaid.com by March 15. File your 2016 taxes early! See the attachment for more information. In order to apply for any of our St. Mary tuition scholarships or assistance you MUST complete the application for Diocesan tuition assistance through FACTS.
- The Ohio Catholic Federal Credit Union will award $35,000.00 in scholarships for Catholic education for the upcoming school year. Applications (accepted until March 3) and membership information can be found at http://www.ohiocatholicfcu.com.
- A reminder to parents that report cards were published for the second quarter on January 19. Please use your parent SchoolSpeak account to view your student’s report card and sign that you have seen it. You can only digitally sign the report card from your parent account. Student accounts do not allow this feature.
- Purchase gift cards from our SCRIP program and a portion of the card amount will go towards your tuition! Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month and earn a casual day pass for your child the following month. Send your order to school on Mondays OR stop in the copy room by 10:00am on Mondays. Call Judy McGonagle 740-215-8456 or Amy Conrad 740-438-0689 with questions, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Support St. Mary School any time/any place you shop online through goodsearch.com or goodshop.com and designate St Mary Catholic Elementary School as your charity!
- Christy’s Pizza Cards for sale! Six buy one get one free sticker coupons for only $25.00! A portion of the proceeds comes back to our school.
- Order Schwan’s Home Food Service and a portion of the sales will come back to our E2 Program (Enlighten and Enrichment) to fund class field trips, COSI on Wheels, and Math, Science, and Art enrichment programs. Follow the link to place your order today: https://www.schwans-cares.com/campaigns/29090.
Home and School:
- Home and School Officer positions available for Nomination: President and Treasurer, 2- year term beginning this May. Please contact Eileen Gundelfinger for more information. E2 Coordinator Assistant position available. Are you talented at introducing and incorporating extracurricular activities to our student body? We are looking for someone to help schedule COSI on Wheels, Art & Clay, Alley Park, and other enrichment activities (to name a few). Please contact Jayne Bryant (E2 Coordinator) or Eileen Gundelfinger.
- VOLUNTEERS ARE FABULOUS!!! St. Mary sign ups for Volunteer opportunities at https://www.saintmarylancaster.com/volunteer-opportunities/
- Our fifth graders have been making some noise in music class lately! They have been using basketballs to learn about rhythm, beat, tempo, note values, and have fun! Now they’ve been invited to perform their music class routine at the Fisher Catholic High School home game on February 10 at 7:00pm. Please come to Fisher that evening to watch their awesome performance!
From the Parish:
- Holy Land Carvings will be at our parish in the Spirit Center February 4 and 5 following Masses. Their mission is to bring and sell Olive Wood carvings to the Catholic Churches in the United States to help the Christian families living in the Holy Land to remain in their homes and support their families. Please support this worthy cause.
- Columbus Catholic Women’s Conference February 18 – visit www.ColumbusCatholicWomen.com for more information. Catholic Men’s Conference February 25 – visit www.CatholicMen’sMinistry.com for more information. Both conferences will be held at the Ohio Expo Center.
- Mark Your Calendars for CAKE BINGO February 19, 1:00-3:00pm in the Spirit Center! $5 per person/ $15 per family (max), includes unlimited Bingo, pizza, beverages, and snacks. Small raffle prizes available for 25¢ per ticket. This event is open to all community members regardless of school or church affiliation. Please contact Eileen Gundelfinger if you’d like to donate a cake or two or small raffle prizes. This is fun for the whole family!
- St. Mary of the Assumption Parish Mission, “I believe in One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church” presented by Fr. Thomas Blau, O.P. will be held on March 6-9 at 7:00pm. Please see the attachment for more information.
- FREE Fisher Catholic Football Speed Training every Saturday for high school and middle school athletes!
- Mark your calendars for the St. Bernadette Mardi Gras celebration February 11, 5:00-10:00pm! This is a wonderful pre-Lenten celebration and fundraiser that directly supports St. Bernadette School. Festivities include games and movies for the kids, $1,000 Grand Raffle, silent and live auctions, music, and fabulous food. Raffle tickets are $10.00 each and may be purchased from a St. Bernadette student or the school office at 740-654-3137.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder to the school secretary by 2:30pm on Tuesdays.