St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up-to-date information.
Attachments in this Issue:
- CHRISTMAS CASUAL DAY TODAY FOR THE WHOLE SCHOOL! Wear your Christmas colors and show your Christmas spirit! (Casual day dress code.)
- SPIRIT DAY TOMORROW!
- Home & School meeting Thursday, January 7 at 8:00am in the copy room. Please join us!
- Confirmation prep session Sunday, January 10 at 10:00am in the Spirit Center. This meeting is required for all those who will be making their Confirmation at St. Mary of the Assumption.
From the Principal’s Office:
- TERRA NOVA TEST SCORES will be sent home with the youngest and only child for all students in grades 2-8 tomorrow. An overall school performance report will also be sent home with the youngest and only child in each family. Our mean scale score for BOTH Reading and Math for our current third through eighth grade classes shows that all classes made growth and increased their performance since 2013! I’d like to congratulate our students on their performance on the Terra Nova and thank our teachers for all that they do in the classrooms to help our students continue to grow in knowledge and ability!
- The results of our parent survey are in and we have the highest number of positive responses to survey questions ever! In addition, the overall level of satisfaction with our school has increased by 7% since 2012, with 95% parent satisfaction reported this year! A summary of our survey results will be attached to our Terra Nova results report and sent home with the youngest and only child in each family tomorrow.
- Congratulations to Emma Albert, James Bryant, Clara Craaybeek, and Geneva Frank who were selected to represent St. Mary in the Jr. High All-County Band performance on Wednesday, January 6, 2016! Students are chosen by the band director’s recommendation, from all the school systems in Fairfield County. Along with our four representatives, there are two additional students representing Fisher Catholic in the High School All-County Band. Those students are Sarah Bennett and Christina Bryant. The All-County Bands will perform at 7:00 PM on Wednesday, January 6, 2016. The concert will be held at Fairfield Union High School. Cost of admission is $3.00. Congratulations to our fine musicians!
- Our parish and community have many opportunities for your family to grow together through prayer and service during this Advent season. Please consider taking part in these opportunities to make this a holy season for your family.
- Deanery Advent Penance Service December 20 (St. Mary, Bremen).
- Vincent de Paul Food Drive ~ non-perishable food items can be brought to the church throughout Advent and placed on the tables and/or in the tubs in the back of church or the south vestibule.
- Donate items for or come out to work the next Sandwich Saturday on December 19 and help feed the hungry in our community (see announcement below).
- On behalf of all of our school staff, I’d like to wish each of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Home and School:
- Cristy’s Pizza Cards only $25 for SIX buy one, get one FREE pizza sticker coupons. Please contact Eileen Gundelfinger at 740-277-7063 to purchase. Please make checks payable to Cristy’s Pizza.
- It’s time to print your quarterly statement for the Kroger Community Rewards. Please send in a copy of your statement that shows your rewards contribution for St. Mary School and we will add it to your account. Make sure your name is on the statement so we can add it to the right account.
- KROGER REWARDS: Not registered? Please consider registering your Kroger Plus Card. Go to Kroger’s website and click on Community! Log in, and click on “my account”. If you scroll all the way down you will find “rewards”. Simply enter our number “83479” and that’s it! You and St Mary can earn money.
- Want to get a SCRIP casual day pass for your child? Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month to earn casual day passes for the following month. You buy gift cards for items you are already going to purchase, and the school earns a portion of the card amount. We will be processing SCRIP on Monday mornings, in the Copy Room (beside the Spirit Store case, across from the gym). Click here for an order form, and you can send your order in ahead of time with your child, or stop in Mondays 8:00-10:00, and Friday after school 2:15-3:00. Questions? Call Judy McGonagle 740-215-8456 or Amy Conrad 740-438-0689, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to check your child’s classroom announcements through your SchoolSpeak account each week!
- Please be prompt when paying your bill. Payments are due each Monday and WILL BE charged a $10 late fee for each week payment is late. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
From Our Parish:
- We might be familiar with different aspects of the Catholic faith, but how does it all fit together? And what difference does it make for our lives? Symbolon: The Catholic Faith Explainedopens up the “big picture” of the Catholic faith in a way that helps us know it, live it and articulate it to others. Symbolon sessions will be held in the Spirit Center from 10:00-11:00am on Sundays (1/17, 1/24, 3/6, 4/10, 4/24, 5/1, 5/22). Coffee will be provided. No registration required. All are welcome!
- The next gathering of Sandwich Saturday will be December 19 at 8:00am in the Spirit Center. Come join us for fellowship while we feed the hungry in our community! Donations are always welcome; we are especially in need of white bread this month (and we have enough baggies). Mark your calendars for future dates; January 23, February 27, March 19, April 23, and May 21 all starting at 8:00AM. Call Alishia Snoke at 740-407-5870 with any questions.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder News to the school secretary by 2:30pm on Tuesday.