St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
December 15, 2016
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up to date information.
· Tuition payments are due by the end of the school day TODAY. Please note that the school office will be closed for Christmas break.
· Tomorrow. Friday, December 16 – Christmas Casual Day! Casual dress (follow the casual day policy), wear Christmas colors, Christmas clothes, etc! Hats are permitted for this special casual day.
· December 19–January 2 – NO SCHOOL (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!)
· Tuesday, January 3 – Welcome back staff and students! (A reminder that we will go to Mass at 9:00am)
· Thursday, January 5 – Home and School Meeting 7:00 pm!
From the Principal’s Office:
· On behalf of the faculty and staff, we would like to wish our school family a blessed Christmas and a happy and safe New Year!
Christmas Prayer for Families
During this holy season of Christmas, we ask Your blessing on all families.
Let Mary’s openness to Your wondrous ways be an inspiration to place all trust in You.
Let Joseph’s courage provide hope during times of anxiety and uncertainty.
Let Jesus’ life ignite all families with a spirit of light and love.
May the grace that encircled the Holy Family widen to embrace all families.
For this we pray. Amen.
· Terra Nova test scores will be sent home with the youngest and only child (one envelope per family) for students in grades 2-8 today. Our overall school performance report will be sent home to all school families today, as well. We are so proud to share that 83% of our classes that participated in Terra Nova testing this fall met or exceeded National Blue Ribbon standards in both Reading and Math! Thank you to our amazing teachers for meeting our students needs, challenging them on a daily basis, and helping them to grow in both knowledge and ability! Thank you, also, to our school families for supporting our students and staff, and congratulations to our students on their success!
·We are so excited to announce that we will have a new Intervention teacher starting after Christmas break, Ms. Connie Legg! We have contracted with Catapult Learning for services including Title I, intervention tutoring for students who are on service plans or going through child find, and tutoring and instruction for Jon Peterson scholarship students utilizing our federal and auxiliary funding, and Catapult has employed Ms. Legg to provide our services. Ms. Legg, a Lancaster resident, has an extensive teaching background, and is a St. Mark parishioner. She holds a K-12 Intervention license from the Ohio Department of Education, a 1-8 Elementary Education teaching license, and has a Masters in Special Education. She will be in touch with parents and begin working with students after the break. We are thrilled to welcome her!
Completion of security system upgrade over Christmas break! Thanks to our parish, our school security upgrade will be finished while school is dismissed for Christmas break. New scan key systems with video doorbells and additional cameras will be installed in both school buildings. In addition, the new video doorbell on the primary building will be connected to the main office so that, once the system is live, the primary building will function just as the main building does, and the office staff will be able to buzz people into the primary building. The new lobby areas in both buildings will also have new scan key systems and visitors will have to be buzzed past those new doors in both buildings in order to access the rest of the school. We can expect all of the functions of the completed system to be up and running after January 3.
· We have been given an opportunity to raise funds for the
St. Mary Athletic Association by hosting 4th grade boys Biddy Basketball games on Saturdays at St. Mary School! The money will be used to support middle school athletics (7th and 8th grade). We are asking 7th and 8th grade parents or family members to volunteer for a shift at either the concessions or gate. Please take a moment to review the dates and times and sign up for a shift! This is an easy fundraiser – NO SELLING!!
Thank you for your support of Catholic education! Click the link to see what we have availiable Biddy Basketball Concession Schedule
· Planning to do online shopping for the holidays? Support St. Mary School any time and any place you shop online by going through goodsearch.com
and designating St Mary Catholic Elementary School as your charity!
· Christy’s Pizza Cards for sale! Purchase a card with SIX buy one get one free sticker coupons for only $25.00! A portion of the proceeds comes back to our school.
·Support St. Mary School by ordering Schwan’s Home Food Service, and a portion of the sales will come back to our E2 Program (Enlighten and Enrichment). This program funds class field trips, COSI on Wheels, and Math, Science, and Art enrichment programs. Follow the link to place your order today: https://www.schwans-cares.com/campaigns/29090.
· Purchase gift cards from our SCRIP program and a portion of the card amount will go towards your tuition! Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month and earn a casual day pass for your child the following month. SCRIP has some low denomination cards that will make great stocking stuffers or teacher gifts like $5.00 cards for Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, Panera & $10.00 Target cards. We also purchased some Bath & Body cards and Gap cards that are paying a rebate of 19.74%! To buy your gift cards, stop by the SCRIP table outside of the gym on Fridays, send your order in to school on Mondays, OR stop in the copy room by 10:00am on Mondays. Call Judy McGonagle 740-215-8456 or Amy Conrad 740-438-0689 with questions, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· It’s time to print your Kroger Community Rewards Statement! Please make sure you have the family name listed on the printout, so the credit is applied to the right account.
· Please support Fisher Catholic High School when you shop at https://smile.amazon.com/
. It’s simple. Just designate Fisher Catholic High School as your charity!
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder to the school secretary by 2:30 pm on Tuesdays.