St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up-to-date information.
Attachments in this Issue:
- The entire school earned a week of casual dress for Holiday Happening raffle ticket sales! The casual week will conclude December 10 and 11.
- BOOK FAIR is open this week! This year the Book Fair will be in the school copy room.
From the Principal’s Office:
- TERRA NOVA TEST SCORES will be sent home in a large envelope next Friday (Dec. 18) with the youngest and only child for all students in grades 2-8. An overall school performance report will be sent home to families next week.
- Our parish and community have many opportunities for your family to grow together through prayer and service during this Advent season. Please consider taking part in these opportunities to make this a holy season for your family.
- Deanery Advent Penance Services December 10 (St. Mary, Lancaster), December 13 (St. Bernadette), December 14 (St. Joseph, Sugar Grove), December 15 (St. Mark), and December 20 (St. Mary, Bremen).
- Mary Parish Giving Tree Project ~ select an ornament off one of the trees in the church vestibules, return your wrapped gifts with the ornament attached by December 13.
- Vincent de Paul Food Drive ~ non-perishable food items can be brought to the church throughout Advent and placed on the tables and/or in the tubs in the back of church or the south vestibule.
- Donate items for or come out to work the next Sandwich Saturday on December 19 and help feed the hungry in our community (see announcement below).
- Donate unwrapped toys for the House of St. Therese Toy Drive (see announcement below).
Home and School:
- Cristy’s Pizza Cards only $25 for SIX buy one, get one FREE pizza sticker coupons. Please contact Eileen Gundelfinger at 740-277-7063 to purchase. Please make checks payable to Cristy’s Pizza.
- It’s time to print your quarterly statement for the Kroger Community Rewards. Please send in a copy of your statement that shows your rewards contribution for St. Mary School and we will add it to your account. Make sure your name is on the statement so we can add it to the right account.
- KROGER REWARDS: Not registered? Please consider registering your Kroger Plus Card. Go to Kroger’s website and click on Community! Log in, and click on “my account”. If you scroll all the way down you will find “rewards”. Simply enter our number “83479” and that’s it! You and St Mary can earn money.
- Want to get a SCRIP casual day pass for your child? Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month to earn casual day passes for the following month. You buy gift cards for items you are already going to purchase, and the school earns a portion of the card amount. We will be processing SCRIP on Monday mornings, in the Copy Room (beside the Spirit Store case, across from the gym). Click here for an order form, and you can send your order in ahead of time with your child, or stop in Mondays 8:00-10:00, and Friday after school 2:15-3:00. Questions? Call Judy McGonagle 740-215-8456 or Amy Conrad 740-438-0689, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Monday is the last day to order scrip cards for the holidays! Please make sure you get your orders in first thing Monday morning so we can get your cards ordered for you. We won’t be ordering again till after Christmas break so make sure to plan ahead and order your gift cards through Scrip.
- The 8th grade students will be visiting Fisher Catholic for the day on Friday, December 11.
- Be sure to check your child’s classroom announcements through your SchoolSpeak account each week!
- Please be prompt when paying your bill. Payments are due each Monday and WILL BE charged a $10 late fee for each week payment is late. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
From Our Parish:
- We might be familiar with different aspects of the Catholic faith, but how does it all fit together? And what difference does it make for our lives? Symbolon: The Catholic Faith Explainedopens up the “big picture” of the Catholic faith in a way that helps us know it, live it and articulate it to others. Symbolon sessions will be held in the Spirit Center from 10:00-11:00am on Sundays (12/13, 1/17, 1/24, 3/6, 4/10, 4/24, 5/1, 5/22). Coffee will be provided. No registration required. All are welcome!
- You’re Invited! Join us for the Alpha Course at St. Mary of the Assumption Beginning January 7, 2016. Sign-ups will begin on November 18, 2015, see attached link for more details. Volunteers are needed to love, serve, welcome and facilitate. Hosts: Facilitate discussion in small groups and create a welcome atmosphere where guests feel free to ask honest questions about the Christian faith and topics covered on the DVD. Helpers: Provide hospitality by making sure guests are comfortable. Required Training Dec. 13, 12:30-2:30 pm or Dec. 20, 9:00-11:00 am.
- The next gathering of Sandwich Saturday will be December 19 at 8:00am in the Spirit Center. Come join us for fellowship while we feed the hungry in our community! Donations are always welcome; we are especially in need of white bread this month (and we have enough baggies). Mark your calendars for future dates; January 23, February 27, March 19, April 23, and May 21 all starting at 8:00AM. Call Alishia Snoke at 740-407-5870 with any questions.
- McKenzie Ortiz, a Junior at Fisher Catholic High School and a graduate of St. Mary School, is collecting used eyeglasses in conjunction with the Lancaster and Tarhe Lions Clubs for her Junior Service Project. Lenscrafters charitable cause “One Sight” will transport all the eyeglasses to the Ohio University College of Optometry, where doctors and students will take them to Lima, Peru for needy adults and children. A collection box for eyeglasses is located outside the school office in the main building for this wonderful cause.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder News to the school secretary by 2:30 pm on Tuesday.