St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
November 3, 2016
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up to date information.
Attachments/Links in this Issue:
- Parent-teacher conferences are scheduled for NEXT WEEK (November 10 and 11). SCHEDULE YOUR CONFERENCE ONLINE at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0e45aeae22a4fd0-parent.
- There will be no school for students next Friday, November 11 to allow for conference time and Holiday Happening prep.
- This Sunday, November 6– Fall back ~ Daylight Savings ends!
- Next week, November 7-13 – Book Fair! See the attachment for details!
- Next weekend, November 12-13 – HOLIDAY HAPPENING!!
From the Principal’s Office:
- The St. Mary Teachers’ Association will be taking orders for their Holiday Poinsettia/Greenery Sale from now until November 14, with payment and pickup December 2(3:00-6:00 pm) and December 3 (10:00 am-12:00 pm) at the St. Mary Spirit Center. See the attached flyer and order form for details and pricing. All proceeds are donated to the St. Mary tuition assistance fund!
- Looking for ways to become more involved with our school on a regular basis? Check out many volunteer opportunities online at:
Home and School:
- Holiday Happening (our school’s largest fundraiser) is next Saturday, November 12 from 3 pm-8 pm and Sunday, November 13 from 10 am-3 pm.
A reminder that all families are asked to donate the following items between now and next week:
Last Names A-G – one dessert pie/cake to be sliced/served at the Chicken & Noodle Dinner
Last Names H-M – one regular 12 pack soda & one 2-liter of your choice
Last Names N-S – one Diet 12 pack soda & one 2-liter of your choice
Last Names T-Z – one 24 pack Water & one 2-liter of your choice
ALL FAMILIES – homemade baked goods for the Bake Sale
Don’t forget to sign up for your work shift based on the grade(s) of their child/ren. Choose your time slot at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0545afaf2aaaf85-20161. As a reminder, you are responsible for your shift or for coverage if you cannot work.
Student Talent Show forms for our live entertainment during Holiday Happening are due to Mrs. Albert by this Friday(November 4) with an act preview on November 10. Forms have been emailed to all school parents through School Speak.
Silent or Live Auction items can still be donated! Drop off at the school office as soon as possible with a slip of paper listing donor name and value of item. No item is too great or too small!
*** Each auction item has a bid sheet with a staring bid amount based on the value of the item. Each person increases each bid for that item until the closing of the Silent Auction on Sunday at 1:45 pm. You do not need to be present to “win” auction items. Everyone must register at the entrance of the Silent Auction to receive an auction number in order to bid at both the Silent and Live Auctions.
The last turn-in day for the raffle ticket sales is next Thursday, November 10! We are at the halfway point for the raffle ticket sales. Students brought in a total of $7,526.00 so far! We are more than half-way to our goal! Drawing winners this week were Alex Snoke and Leo Gauerke. Mrs. Funk’s 6th grade has an average of $18.00 per student in sales for the week, and Mrs. Foura’s 5th grade is in second place with an average of $12.00 per student in sales. Mrs. Foura’s class is leading in overall sales with $1,289.00, and Natalie Boyden continues to hold the the leading seller record so far with $265.00. The next turn in day is today – keep up the great work students!
- The Spirit Store will be placing an order soon for short and long sleeve shirts in both the cross and logo style. New items are available for stocking stuffers: Irish blankets, headbands and hats! Show your school Spirit as the weather turns colder! Get one today or purchase at Holiday Happening. If you’d like to order something that’s not in the display case, send an order form or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. See the school website for photos of merchandise.
- Do you plan do do online shopping for the holidays? Please support St. Mary School any time and any place you shop online by going through goodsearch.com or goodshop.com and designating St Mary Catholic Elementary School as your charity.
- Christy’s Pizza Cards for sale! Purchase a card with SIX buy one get one free sticker coupons for only $25.00! A portion of the proceeds comes back to our school.
- Support Saint Mary School by ordering Schwan’s Home Food Service! Choose from hundreds of high quality products, including USDA choice meats, Grade A vegetables flash frozen at peak of freshness, and delivered right to your door! By placing an order through Schwans.com, a portion of the sales will come back in support of Saint Mary School’s E2 Program (Enlighten and Enrichment). This program funds class field trips, COSI on Wheels, and Math, Science, and Art enrichment programs. It’s super easy. Please use the link: https://www.schwans-cares.com/campaigns/29090.
- Purchase gift cards from our SCRIP program and a portion of the card amount will go towards your tuition! Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month and earn a casual day pass for your child the following month.SCRIP will be sold on Fridays after school through the Holidays, beginning this Friday from 2:15-3:00 pm! To buy your gift cards, stop by the SCRIP table outside of the gym on Fridays, send your order in to school on Mondays, OR stop in the copy room by 10:00 am on Mondays. Call Judy McGonagle 740-215-8456 or Amy Conrad 740-438-0689 with questions, or email: email@example.com.
- Recycling Fund Created – Join St. Mary School in Caring for God’s Creation by collecting your recyclable metals and dropping them off at Lancaster Metals & Recycling, 402 E. Locust St., Lancaster. The St. Mary Education Association has created an account with the proceeds going to the tuition assistance fund. When dropping off your aluminum cans, or other recyclable metals, simply say – add this to the St. Mary School fund!
Preschool and Kids CARE:
- Preschool and the middle school House of St. Stephen will be collecting items for St. Vincent de Paul Thanksgiving meal bags until November 14. Items being collected are noodles, pre-packaged cookies, Jiffy cornbread mix, turkey broth, boxed mashed potatoes, boxed stuffing, cans of pumpkin, and jello mix. Place your donations in the collection boxes around school. Please be generous when donating to this worthy cause!
- Please support Fisher Catholic High School when you shop at https://smile.amazon.com/. It’s simple. Just designate Fisher Catholic High School as your charity!
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder to the school secretary by 2:30 pm on Tuesdays.