St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up-to-date information.
Attachments in this Issue:
- NO SCHOOL THIS THURSDAY OR FRIDAY (NOVEMBER 12-13) FOR TEACHER IN-SERVICES! The faculty will be traveling to Cleveland for the Ohio Catholic Educators Association convention and then attend a local in-service the following day.
HOLIDAY GREENERY SALE ENDS THIS WEEKEND! FRESH WREATHS, DOOR SWAGS, DOOR/HEARTH ARCHS, WINDOW SILL SWAGS and GRAVE PILLOWS. 100% of proceeds benefit St. Mary Tuition Assistance! See the attached order form. Orders taken until November 15. Payment/ pick-up will be Friday, December 3 from 3pm-6pm or Saturday, December 4 from 10am-12pm in the Spirit Center
NO SCHOOL ON WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 25! Happy Thanksgiving!
From the Principal’s Office:
- I’d like to express my deepest gratitude to EVERYONE who helped make this year’s Holiday Happening a success!! I would especially like to thank the Home and School officers, all of the chair people, and all of the committee members:
|Cindy Albert||Eileen Gundelfinger||Paula Maier|
|Heather Coakley||Linda Harris||Susan Mauger|
|Sharon Cox||Rebecca Howell||Jennifer Messerly|
|Tom & Ashley Crook||Ruth Hoch||Mitzi Neighbor|
|Lisa Crow||Gina Fromm||Justin Pike|
|Mary DeLong||Kacie Funk||Kathy Romano|
|Greer Edwards||Karrie Jackson||Chris & Alishia Snoke|
|Susan Feeney||Tracie Kenney|
I would also like to thank Bryan Callahan, Lynann Shea, and the cafeteria staff; Brenda Corbett, Joe King, Susan Mauger, and Dale Murphy!
A big thank you to the parents and teachers who made the beautiful classroom creations for the silent auction:
|Miss Angie||Jennifer Hintz||Lynann Shea|
|Sara Boyden||Mrs. Kemmerer||Miss Van Evra|
|Mrs. Clouse||Melissa Kerschner||Mrs. Yaple|
|Mrs. Dreyer||Mrs. Lipp||Kacie Funk|
|Susan Mauger||Eileen Gundelfinger||Miss Megan|
|Debbie Henry||Miss Rachel|
Thank you to our St. Mary students for working so hard to sell raffle tickets and for sharing their wonderful talents and artistic skills to make items to sell at Holiday Happening!
Without the efforts of the MANY parent, grandparent, school staff, and Fisher student volunteers who faithfully worked Holiday Happening, we would not have been able to run this event! Thank you to:
John & Cindy Albert Brian Funk Joe & Allison Milligan
Brandice & Micaela Anders Heather Funk Patrick & Andrea Murphy
Matt Anderson Kacie Funk Matt & Mitzi Neighbor
Miss Angie Mrs. Funk Nick & Rose Nessley
Wendi Beauseau John Fromm Mrs. Novena
Bob & Maggie Bennett Malissa Gauerke Jessica O’Rielley
Jennifer Blackston Corey & Shelley Gavin Chris, Kim, & Mason Ortiz
Melissa Boswell Andy & Kendra Gundelfinger Justin Pike
Ben Boyden Joe, Abby, & Olivia Gundelfinger Wanda Pike
Sara Boyden Ben Hampshire Adam & Patty Pillar
Sean & Kellie Boyden Mindi Harp Milea Quaintance
Carter Brady Linda Harris Miss Rachel
Chris & Stephanie Brown Ben Hill Mrs. Rehrer
Claire Brown-Kunkler Jennifer Hintz Megan Rowles
Kelly Burke Ruth Hoch Larry Sanford
Garth Bushee Joe & Jacob Holbrook Margy Sawyer
Miss Cale Sara Hoover Mrs. Schmelzer
Jennifer Capretta Aaron Hoplite Will & Tasha Sharp
Jennifer Carbol Russ & Rebecca Howell Christine Shaw
Matt & Denise Carlisle Jamie Imes Claire Smith
Casey Carpenter Karrie Jackson Laura Smith
Val Carpico Katie Johnson Mrs. Smith
Kirsten Carr Danetta Jones Lori Snoke
Mrs. Clouse Rachel Jones Casie Stanton
Carynn Collier Mrs. Kemmerer Tom & Diane Stuckey
Amy & Kelsey Conrad Sean & Tracie Kenney Jim & Elaine Swartz
Jamie Conway Melissa Kerschner James Taylor
Mrs. Corcoran Molly Kersell Kara Tencza
Sharon Cox Darlene Kilbarger Tasha Thomas
Tara Craaybeek Mrs. King Benjy & Holly Uhl
Kevin & Ilene Crabtree Kim Kirchgessner Joanna Vanderbilt
Tom Crook Christina Kitchen Miss Van Evra
John & Lisa Crow Azure Koehler Mrs. Van Evra
Chris Curry Theresa Krooner Bobbi Van Fossen
Marisa Darfus Bridget Kuhn Tony & Kellie Vogel
Nick & Ashley Decot Loree Lambert Ed & Trixie Weber
John & Samantha Delabar Chris & Coty Lamp Jen Welsh
Elizabeth Doan Mrs. Lipp Steven & Lynn White
Andy & Kerry Dreyer Regina & Maggie Long Lori Williams
Mrs. Dreyer Betsy Loy Mrs. Wilson
Rachel Ebert Jennifer Lyon Judy Wohrer
Emily Eisenacher Emily Martin Maddie Wohrer
Mrs. Foura Brad McGill Mrs. Yaple
Brittany Fox Miss Megan Angela Yenchar
Miss Fox Jennifer Messerly
We know there were so many others who jumped in and helped out! We are truly grateful for your help and we apologize if we missed your name!
Last but not certainly not least, I would like to thank all of the parents, grandparents, school staff, and community members who donated auction items, pop, baked goods, water, and so much more!
Home and School:
- Cristy’s Pizza Cards only $25 for SIX buy one, get one FREE pizza sticker coupons. Please contact Eileen Gundelfinger at 740-277-7063 to purchase. Please make checks payable to Cristy’s Pizza.
- KROGER REWARDS: Not registered? Please consider registering your Kroger Plus Card. Go to Kroger’s website and click on Community! Log in, and click on “my account”. If you scroll all the way down you will find “rewards”. Simply enter our number “83479” and that’s it! You and St Mary can earn money.
- Want to get a SCRIP casual day pass for your child? Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month to earn casual day passes for the following month. You buy gift cards for items you are already going to purchase, and the school earns a portion of the card amount. We will be processing SCRIP on Monday mornings, in the Copy Room (beside the Spirit Store case, across from the gym). Click here for an order form, and you can send your order inwith your child, or stop in Mondays 8:00-10:00, and Friday after school 2:15-3:00. Questions? Call Judy McGonagle 740-215-8456 or Amy Conrad 740-438-0689, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to check your child’s classroom announcements through your SchoolSpeak account each week!
- Our Christmas Music Program is on Wednesday, December 9th at 7:00PM. Please note it is on a Wednesday this year, not Tuesday like it usually is since the 8th of December is a Holy Day (The Feast of the Immaculate Conception). Albert will send a letter with final details the week before the program. If you have any questions, please contact her. We have been working on our songs and are very excited! A few more details:
The program includes our preschool and Grades K-5 singing.
Grades 5-8 Band members will perform.
Grades 6-8 Honors Choir will perform.
The program usually lasts 1 hour.
Students are asked to wear dress clothes.
Students that take piano lessons will be able to play a song in the Piano Prelude, which starts about 6:45. Mrs. Albert will send out a sheet for students to sign up for that in a few weeks.
- The handmade Christmas ornaments that the K-8 students made in Art class will be for sale during the Christmas Program on December 9! Each ornament is $2.00 or your generous donation with all proceeds going towards the purchase of Art class supplies for our students!
It’s Book Fair Time! Our Scholastic Book Fair is a reading event that brings the books kids want to read right into our school. It’s a wonderful selection of engaging and affordable books for every reading level. Please make plans to visit our Book Fair and be involved in shaping your child’s reading habits.
Book Fair dates: Friday, December 4th – Friday, December 11th
Location: St. Mary School Copy Room (first floor)
Shopping hours: Visit our homepage for each day’s hours of operation:
Special activities: The Book Fair will be OPEN prior to our Christmas Program on December 9th for your holiday shopping needs!
If you are unable to attend the Fair in person, we invite you to visit our online Book Fair at scholastic.com/fair. Our online Fair is available from November 28th to December 11th. www.bookfairs.scholastic.com/homepage/stmaryschool68
- Please be prompt when paying your bill. Payments are due each Monday and WILL BE charged a $10 late fee for each week payment is late. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
- The St. Mary Preschool students and students of the House of St. Stephen will be collecting the following items for St. Vincent DePaul Thanksgiving Meal Bags through the end of this weekend:
Jiffy Cornbread Mix
Boxed Mashed Potatoes
Cans of Pumpkin
From Our Parish:
- We might be familiar with different aspects of the Catholic faith, but how does it all fit together? And what difference does it make for our lives? Symbolon: The Catholic Faith Explainedopens up the “big picture” of the Catholic faith in a way that helps us know it, live it and articulate it to others. Symbolon sessions will be held in the Spirit Center from 10:00-11:00am on Sundays (12/13, 1/17, 1/24, 3/6, 4/10, 4/24, 5/1, 5/22). Coffee will be provided. No registration required. All are welcome!
- You’re Invited! Join us for the Alpha Course at St. Mary of the Assumption Beginning January 7, 2016. Sign-ups will begin on November 18, 2015, see attached link for more details. Volunteers are needed to love, serve, welcome and facilitate. Hosts: Facilitate discussion in small groups and create a welcome atmosphere where guests feel free to ask honest questions about the Christian faith and topics covered on the DVD. Helpers: Provide hospitality by making sure guests are comfortable. Required Training Dec. 13, 12:30-2:30pm or Dec. 20, 9:00-11:00am.
- Fisher Catholic OPEN HOUSE Wednesday, November 18, 4:00PM-8:00PM! Our Catholic Community – Our Catholic School!
- St. Bernadette Dine to Donate at Bob Evans, Thursday, November 19! Dine in and take out qualify! Please support St. Bernadette!
- The next gathering of Sandwich Saturday will be November 21st at 8:00 am in the Spirit Center. Come join us for fellowship while we feed the hungry in our community! Donations are always welcome; white bread, bologna, individually wrapped sliced cheese, and sandwich baggies. Mark your calendars for future dates; December 19, January 23, February 27, March 19, April 23, and May 21 all starting at 8:00AM. Call Alishia Snoke at 740-407-5870 with any questions.
- St. John Cookie Walk Saturday, December 5, 9:00am-Noon at St. John in Logan! Tons and tons of homemade cookies! Don’t have time to bake for the Holidays? Let St. John help you out! Relax and enjoy this festive season as you select from dozens of our homemade Christmas cookies and other delights! Sold by the pound! Thank you for supporting the St. John School Tuition Assistance Program by attending this event!
- McKenzie Ortiz, a Junior at Fisher Catholic High School and a graduate of St. Mary School, is collecting used eyeglasses in conjunction with the Lancaster and Tarhe Lions Clubs for her Junior Service Project. Lenscrafters charitable cause “One Sight” will transport all the eyeglasses to the Ohio University College of Optometry, where doctors and students will take them to Lima, Peru for needy adults and children. A collection box for eyeglasses is located outside the school office in the main building for this wonderful cause.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder News to the school secretary by 2:30pm on Tuesdays.