St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
November 10, 2016
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up to date information.
Attachments/Links in this Issue:
Poinsettia and Holiday Greenery Order Form – Deadline Nov. 14
- Parent-teacher conferences today and tomorrow! Schedule your conference online at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0e45aeae22a4fd0-parent.
- Home and School meeting TONIGHT at 7:00 PM (in the bleachers of the gym). Stop in before or after your conference!
- This Friday, November 11 – NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS (conferences and Holiday Happening set-up).
- This weekend, November 12-13 – HOLIDAY HAPPENING! SATURDAY 3 PM-8 PM AND SUNDAY 10 AM-3 PM. We need to fill volunteer slots for Sunday! Sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0545afaf2aaaf85-20161. All families, please drop off your donations of the following items ASAP:
Last Names A-G – one dessert pie or cake
Last Names H-M – one regular 12 pack soda & one 2-liter
Last Names N-S – one diet 12 pack soda & one 2-liter
Last Names T-Z – one 24 pack water & one 2-liter
ALL FAMILIES – homemade baked goods for the bake sale
- Our Book Fair is OPEN in the school Library with special shopping hours during Holiday Happening! See the attachment for details!
- Next Saturday, November 19 – Lancaster Holiday Parade! Come out and cheer on our Preschoolers and our Band!
From the Principal’s Office:
- Looking for ways to become more involved with our school on a regular basis? Check out many volunteer opportunities online at:
- Don’t forget to visit our school Google calendar on our website for the most up to date school events and activities (including class field trips)! On our homepage at www.saintmarylancaster.com, scroll over “Quick Links” in the top right corner and choose “Calendar.”
Home and School:
- The last turn-in day for the Holiday Happening main raffle ticket sales is today! As of Monday, students have collected $9,869.00 for the main raffle. The drawing winners were Nora Doan (for Wendy’s) and Joshua Hoover (for Taco Bell). The fifth grade is still in the lead for overall highest amount and highest amount per student sold with $1,635.00 and $65.00 per student. The top seller as of Monday is Natalie Boyden with $360.00. Ellesan Lambert is in second place with $220.00 sold, and Mallory Stanton is in third place with $205.00 sold. Can these 3 hold the top spots to win the prize money? We will know sometime soon! Final totals for Thursday and Holiday Happening ticket sales will be published in next week’s Thursday Folder.
- The Spirit Store will be placing an order with our supplier for long and short sleeve t-shirts early next week.This will be the last order for 2016. If you want a shirt that is not in the display case, please place an order soon! New items are available for stocking stuffers: Irish blankets, headbands and hats! Show your school Spirit as the weather turns colder! Get one today or purchase at Holiday Happening. Any questions, please email email@example.com.
- The St. Mary Teacher Association will be taking orders for their Holiday Poinsettia/Greenery Sale until November 14. Payment and pickup December 2(3:00-6:00 PM) and December 3(10:00 AM-12:00 PM). See the attached order form for details and pricing. All proceeds are donated to the St. Mary tuition assistance fund!
- Planning to do online shopping for the holidays?Support St. Mary School any time and any place you shop online by going through goodsearch.com or goodshop.com and designating St Mary Catholic Elementary School as your charity!
- Christy’s Pizza Cards for sale! Purchase a card with SIX buy one get one free sticker coupons for only $25.00! A portion of the proceeds comes back to our school.
- Support St. Mary School by ordering Schwan’s Home Food Service, and a portion of the sales will come back to our E2 Program (Enlighten and Enrichment). This program funds class field trips, COSI on Wheels, and Math, Science, and Art enrichment programs. Follow the link to place your order today: https://www.schwans-cares.com/campaigns/29090.
- Purchase gift cards from our SCRIP program and a portion of the card amount will go towards your tuition! Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month and earn a casual day pass for your child the following month. SCRIP will be sold on Fridays after school through the Holidays from 2:15-3:00pm. To buy your gift cards, stop by the SCRIP table outside of the gym on Fridays, send your order in to school on Mondays, OR stop in the copy room by 10:00 am on Mondays. Call Judy McGonagle 740-215-8456 or Amy Conrad 740-438-0689 with questions, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preschool and Kids CARE:
- Preschool and the middle school House of St. Stephen will be collecting items for St. Vincent de Paul Thanksgiving meal bags until November 14. Items being collected are noodles, pre-packaged cookies, Jiffy cornbread mix, turkey broth, boxed mashed potatoes, boxed stuffing, cans of pumpkin, and jello mix. Place your donations in the collection boxes around school. Please be generous when donating to this worthy cause!
- Please support Fisher Catholic High School when you shop at https://smile.amazon.com/. It’s simple. Just designate Fisher Catholic High School as your charity!
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder to the school secretary by 2:30 pm on Tuesdays.