St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up-to-date information.
Attachments in this Issue:
- Report cards will be issued today. A reminder that they will only be issued electronically through SchoolSpeak this year. Please remember that progress reports will not be released if your family’s tuition account is past due, per school policy.
- FRIDAY, OCTOBER 30th IS A SPIRIT DAY!
- Our third graders will process into school Mass dressed as saints next Tuesday, November 3!
- Please remember to return your parent/teacher conference forms! Conferences will be held next Wednesday, November 4 and Tuesday, November 10.
- Holiday Happening will be held next Saturday, November 7 from 3:00-8:00pm and Sunday, November 8 from 10:00am-3:00pm! Please be supportive of this all-school event. We ask each family to volunteer time accordingly to help make this event successful. If you have questions, please contact Eileen Gundelfinger at 740-277-7063.
What is Holiday Happening?
Two days of children’s games, live entertainment, chicken and noodles dinner, children’s raffle, $1000 cash raffle, silent and live auctions, and more!
What is the purpose of the fundraiser?
This is our school’s largest fundraiser to generate funds for the general operating budget of the school, which in turn, keeps tuition at an affordable rate. These funds benefit the entire student population at SMS by funding field trips and enrichment programs (COSI on Wheels, etc.).
From the Office:
- There is an important change to a policy in our school handbook. Under the “Emergency Procedures and Crisis Response” section, please note that our new second relocation site for both school buildings will now be the Knights of Columbus at 343 E. Walnut Street. South School and the Fire House are no longer our second relocation sites. The second relocation site would be used in the event that students and are told to evacuate further than St. Mary Church, which is our primary relocation site. Thank you to Mike Gavin and the Knights of Columbus for securing this secondary location for our school!
- Please remember to send an excuse note to the office after your child has missed school and contact the school office, 740-654-1632, if your child will not be at school for any reason.
Home and School:
- Cristy’s Pizza Cards only $25 for SIX Buy One, Get One FREE Pizza Sticker Coupons. Please contact Eileen Gundelfinger at 740-277-7063 to purchase. Please make checks payable to Cristy’s Pizza.
- Exciting opportunity from the Preschool!! Two of the preschool parents are offering a mini photo session day on November 1. Each 20 minute session is only $75 and all photos will be yours on a CD. All proceeds will go directly to our Preschool Program. Sign up today as spots are limited!! Contact Lindsy Hinton at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot today!
- HOLIDAY GREENERY SALE!
ST. MARY EDUCATION ASSOCIATION will be selling WREATHS, DOOR SWAGS, DOOR/HEARTH ARCHES, WINDOW SILL SWAGS and GRAVE PILLOWS.
Click here for a copy of the order form. Orders will be taken November 1-15.[table “4” not found /]
100% of proceeds benefit St. Mary Tuition Assistance!
Payment/ pick-up will be Friday, December 3 from 3pm-6pm or Saturday, December 4 from 10am-12pm in the Spirit Center
- Be sure to check your child’s classroom announcements through your SchoolSpeak account each week!
- Please be prompt when paying your bill. Payments are due each Monday and WILL BE charged a $10 late fee for each week payment is late. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
- There will be no afternoon Kids CARE on Wednesday, November 25 due to our 1:00 pm early dismissal for Thanksgiving break. Please make alternative arrangements now for your children that attend Kids CARE.
- The St. Mary Preschool students and students of the House of St. Stephen will be collecting the following items for
St. Vincent DePaul Thanksgiving Meal Bags:
[table “5” not found /]
Collection will begin on Monday, November 2 and end on November 16. Please be generous when donating to this very worthy cause!
From Our Parish:
- Love Is Our Mission: A Call to Live the Joy and Mission of Marriage and Family Life. All are invited to one of these four gatherings as The Most Reverend Frederick F. Campbell discusses the recent World Meeting of Families. Come and discover how you can answer Pope Francis’ call to become a family fully alive! For more information visit colsdioc.org or call 614-241-2560.
- Saturday, October 31st, 10:30 AM, St. Peter, Chillicothe
- Tuesday, November 10th, 7:00 PM, Bishop Ready High School
- We might be familiar with different aspects of the Catholic faith. But how does it all fit together? And what difference does it make for our lives? Symbolon: The Catholic Faith Explained opens up the “big picture” of the Catholic faith in a way that helps us know it, live it and articulate it to others. Symbolon sessions will be held in the Spirit Center from 10:00-11:00am on Sundays (10/11, 10/25, 12/13, 1/17, 1/24, 3/6, 4/10, 4/24, 5/1, 5/22). Coffee will be provided. No registration required. All are welcome!
- Fisher Catholic is YOUR High School! Concerned about the cost of Secondary Catholic Education? Come talk to Fisher about scholarship opportunities and options to make the rewards of Catholic education fit into your budget. Your student’s moral education is just as important as their academic education! Contact Joe Jasinski at 740-654-1231 to find out more. Our Catholic Community, Our Catholic School!
- Fisher Catholic High School will be sending student and staff representatives to visit and share a presentation for the St. Mary students in grades 5-8 on Thursday, November 5!
- McKenzie Ortiz, a Junior at Fisher Catholic High School and a graduate of St. Mary School, is collecting used eyeglasses in conjunction with the Lancaster and Tarhe Lions Clubs for her Junior Service Project. Lenscrafters charitable cause “One Sight” will transport all the eyeglasses to the Ohio University College of Optometry, where doctors and students will take them to Lima, Peru for needy adults and children. A collection box for eyeglasses is located outside the school office in the main building for this wonderful cause.
- Love horses? Want to learn to ride? Horseback riding lessons and equestrian education offered at Mr. and Mrs. Foura’s stables, conveniently located at 267 Rainbow Drive NE, Lancaster. Gentle horses and a very knowledgeable, experienced instructor. Lessons are $40.00 for one hour and $30.00 for one-half hour. Training for your horse also available. Please call 740-654-1367 with questions or to schedule.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder News to the school secretary by 2:30pm on Tuesdays.