St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
October 27, 2016
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up to date information.
Attachments/Links in this Issue:
- A reminder that your tuition account must be up to date today in order for your child’s progress report to be released, per school policy.
- Today- Progress Reports released, Benediction 1:45 pm
- Tomorrow (Friday, October 28) – All-school Halloween Costume/Casual Day (hosted by the middle school House of St. Francis). Students may come to school in costume or may wear casual dress (wear something orange). Costume rules are as follows:
– No outfits/costumes that are contrary to our Catholic school philosophy (if in doubt, check with your teacher)
– Nothing gory, evil, scary, etc
– No clown costumes
– No face paint, hair paint/spray paint, or hair color
– No all-over or extreme face paint
– No weapons of any kind
– No masks or face coverings of any kind
– Nothing shorter than 2 inches above the knee
– No clothing that is mesh, see through, or fish net material
– No tank tops, midriff bearing tops, low cut tops, spaghetti straps, clear straps, or 1 shoulder straps
– No heels, flip flops, or backless shoes (boots ARE permitted)
– Wigs and hats ARE permitted
- Next Tuesday, November 1 – All Saints Day, the 3rd grade class will process into 9:00 am Mass dressed as saints (Please join us!).
From the Principal’s Office:
- Parent-teacher conferences are schedule for November 10 and 11 this year.SCHEDULE YOUR CONFERENCE ONLINE at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0e45aeae22a4fd0-parent. There will be no school for students on November 11 to allow for conference time and Holiday Happening prep.
- Looking for ways to become more involved with our school on a regular basis? Check out many volunteer opportunities online at:
Home and School:
- Holiday Happening (our school’s largest fundraiser) is Saturday, November 12 from 3 pm-8 pm and Sunday, November 13 from 10 am-3 pm. It’s held in the Main Building in the gymnasium, and we use the second and third floor hallways for games.
We’re in need of parent volunteers to help coordinate the Class Creations for grades 3-8 for the LIVE AUCTION during the finale of Holiday Happening on Sunday at 2 pm. Please contact a Home and School Officer (Eileen Gundelfinger, Alishia Snoke, Gina Fromm, or Ruth Hoch) if you are able to help your child’s teacher.
In order to make Holiday Happening a success, we are asking our parents to donate the following:
Last Names A-G – one dessert pie/cake to be sliced/served at the Chicken & Noodle Dinner
Last Names H-M – one regular 12 pack soda & one 2-liter of your choice
Last Names N-S – one Diet 12 pack soda & one 2-liter of your choice
Last Names T-Z – one 24 pack Water & one 2-liter of your choice
(The 12 packs and water will be sold at our Pop/Popcorn Table and the 2-liters will be used in our Ring Toss Game)
ALL FAMILIES – At least one family member fill a 2-hour volunteer time slot on behalf of your child’s grade. Choose your time slot at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0545afaf2aaaf85-20161. As a reminder, you are responsible for your shift.
ALL FAMILIES – HOMEMADE baked goods for the Bake Sale (optional, and kindly appreciated!)
ALL FAMILIES – Silent or Live Auction items (optional, and kindly appreciated!) Drop off at the school office NOW with a slip of paper listing donor name and value of item. Please keep in mind that we are at the mercy of our donors. Solicitation letters have been sent out to the community weeks ago. The majority of auction items come from community partners. No item is too great or too small!!!!
*** Each auction item has a bid sheet with a staring bid amount based on the value of the item. Each person increases each bid for that item until the closing of the Silent Auction on Sunday at 1:45pm. You do not need to be present to “win” auction items. Everyone must register at the entrance of the Silent Auction to receive an auction number in order to bid at both the Silent and Live Auctions.
CHILDREN’S RAFFLE DONATIONS – TO DATE, WE HAVE PLENTY OF PRIZES FOR THE CHILDREN’S RAFFLE. THANK YOU!
*** This is a raffle, which means that we sell tickets at 25¢ each during Holiday Happening. The parent/ student fills out the back side of each ticket purchased with their name and phone number and places the ticket in the corresponding bag for that item. At 1:30 pm on Sunday, a winner will be selected and notified from each bag for each prize.
MAIN RAFFLE UPDATE – Correction to the Incentive Schedule: The last turn-in day for the raffle is Thursday, November 10 as there is no school on Friday, November 11. We are off to a great second week, collecting $2,136.00 on Monday for a running total of $4,778.00. An additional 10 students earned the privilege to dress out of uniform starting Tuesday of this week. Another 29 students earned the treat made by Serendipity Sweet Shop. This week’s drawing winners were Cora Anders and Brody Ruff, winning a Subway and Papa John’s gift card. As of Monday, Natalie Boyden was the top seller with $200.00, Mathew McGonagle was in second place with $135.00, and Mallory and Taylor Stanton both had $130.00 each in ticket sales. Please do not send students to school dressed out of uniform until we have counted and recorded your raffle money. Teachers will let you know WHEN they are on the casual dress list.
- Do you plan do do online shopping? Please support St. Mary School any time and any place you shop online. Log on to goodsearch.com or goodshop.com and designate St Mary Catholic Elementary School as your charity.
- Christy’s Pizza Cards for sale! Purchase a card with SIX buy one get one free sticker coupons for only $25.00! A portion of the proceeds comes back to our school.
- Support Saint Mary School by ordering Schwan’s Home Food Service! Choose from hundreds of high quality products, including USDA choice meats, Grade A vegetables flash frozen at peak of freshness, and delivered right to your door! By placing an order through Schwans.com, a portion of the sales will come back in support of Saint Mary School’s E2 Program (Enlighten and Enrichment). This program funds class field trips, COSI on Wheels, and Math, Science, and Art enrichment programs. It’s super easy. Please use the link: https://www.schwans-cares.com/campaigns/29090.
- Buy gift cards for items you are already going to purchase from our SCRIP program and a portion of the card amount will go towards your tuition! Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month and earn a casual day pass for your child the following month. Until further notice, we will not be selling Scripon Friday after school. Please send your orders in on Monday or stop in the copy room by 10:00am. Call Judy McGonagle 740-215-8456 or Amy Conrad 740-438-0689 with questions, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please support Fisher Catholic High School when you shop at https://smile.amazon.com/. It’s simple. Just designate Fisher Catholic High School as your charity!
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder to the school secretary by 2:30 pm on Tuesdays.