St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
January 5, 2017
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up to date information.
Attachments in this Issue:
· Please ensure that your tuition account is up to date by January 19 in order for your child’s progress report to be released.
· Thursday, January 5 – Home and School Meeting tonight at 7:00pm! Officer nominations for President and Treasurer are on the agenda ~ please attend!
· Next week, January 9-13 – All school Casual Week for Holiday Happening raffle ticket sales reward! K-8 students must wear uniforms next Tuesday (January 10), as we will attend Mass.
From the Principal’s Office:
· Security system update! Our new video monitor doorbell is in place in the primary building and visitors are now able to be buzzed into the primary building from the main office! All new monitors and scanners are in place and working. We have also added additional security cameras and were finally able to put all cameras on one monitor in the office for both buildings. The “lobby” doors in the primary building are still a bit heavy for our young students, so we are working to adjust them before they are closed at all times. Our new “lobby” doors in the main building will be in use shortly, as we will take the time to familiarize students with the new flow of traffic into/out of the office. Eventually the office door that is currently in use will only function as a check-in window, while the older half door off of the office closet will become the entrance/exit for those inside the building.
· Congratulations to the following students who were nominated and selected to participate in the 2017 All County Band on Wednesday, January 11!
Emma Albert (clarinet), James Bryant (clarinet), Grace Jones (alto sax), Matthew McGonagle (percussion), Aiden Jackson (percussion), Dominic Neighbor (trumpet), Patrick Kenney (trumpet), and Luke Sharp (percussion)
The students will rehearse all day on January 11 and perform a concert in the evening. All are welcome to attend the concert and support our talented musicians at 7:00pm at Fairfield Union High School ($3.00 admission).
· Support St. Mary School any time and any place you shop online by going through goodsearch.com or goodshop.com and designating St Mary Catholic Elementary School as your charity!
· Christy’s Pizza Cards for sale! Purchase a card with SIX buy one get one free sticker coupons for only $25.00! A portion of the proceeds comes back to our school.
· Support St. Mary School by ordering Schwan’s Home Food Service, and a portion of the sales will come back to our E2 Program (Enlighten and Enrichment). This program funds class field trips, COSI on Wheels, and Math, Science, and Art enrichment programs. Follow the link to place your order today: https://www.schwans-cares.com/campaigns/29090.
· Purchase gift cards from our SCRIP program and a portion of the card amount will go towards your tuition! Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month and earn a casual day pass for your child the following month. To buy your gift cards send your order in to school on Mondays OR stop in the copy room by 10:00am on Mondays. Call Judy McGonagle 740-215-8456 or Amy Conrad 740-438-0689 with questions, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Home and School:
· New Spirit Store items available for these cold days! Irish blankets, headbands, and hats! Order yours today! Please email any questions to email@example.com.
· 2017 SMS Computer Club! The St. Mary Computer Club will be forming soon. Any student in grades 4-6 who would like to spend some extra time learning about programming and coding is welcome to attend. This year we will be using the Scratch programming platform which will allow us to be able to not only learn new coding techniques, but to also share and collaborate with others. The Computer Club will meet on the following days from 3-4 p.m:
May 2 and
If your student is interested, please have them stop by the computer lab and let Mrs. Corcoran know. We will have to limit the group to 30, due to the number of computers in the lab.
· The St. Mary Boys Basketball teams will host a white out on Thursday, January 19 when they play Harvest Prep at home. T-shirts with the St. Mary Irish logo on the front and a quote on the back will be on sale through 1-10-17 for $10.00 per shirt. Youth and Adult Sizes are available. XXL and XXXL will be an additional $2.50. Even if you decide not to purchase a shirt, we do ask that you and anyone attending the game please do your best to wear white to support the team and make this white out a success! If you do wish to order a shirt please send the following to Miss Cale no later than 1/10/17:
*your name and who to send t-shirts home with (student)
*payment (checks payable to St. Mary Athletics with memo being bball t-shirt)
DISCOUNT ADMISSION RATES…Adults wearing white on 1/19 will be admitted for the student rate ($3) and students wearing white on 1/19 will be admitted for only $1! Go Irish!
· Calling all women! Walking with Purpose, a new women’s ministry at our parish, begins January 19. Please see the attachment for more information!
· Please support Fisher Catholic High School when you shop at https://smile.amazon.com/. It’s simple. Just designate Fisher Catholic High School as your charity!
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder to the school secretary by 2:30pm on Tuesdays.