Thursday Folder News
Attachments in this Issue:
- Is your tuition account up to date? A reminder that tuition accounts must be up to date in order for your child’s progress report to be released today, per school policy. Thank you!
- SCRIP casual day this Friday for those who have earned SCRIP passes!
- MIDDLE SCHOOL VISIT DAY MOVED TO TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 2! Due to a meeting that requires principal attendance, and after consulting with both St. Bernadette and St. John, we found it necessary to move our middle school visit day to Tuesday, February 2. We’re looking forward to welcoming the St. Bernadette fifth graders, the St. John sixth graders, our very own St. Mary fifth graders, and other visiting students!
- Exciting Preschool News!We are thrilled to announce that we will be adding a new afternoon session to our St. Mary Preschool Program next year! More information about the class, including hours and registration, will be shared soon!
From the Principal’s Office:
- Our school emergency call system has been purchased by another company. They are in the process of transferring our data to the new call system. Until this is complete, we will continue to use School Reach as our call system. We will notify parents when we are set up with the new company, School Messenger.
- Please remember to send an excuse note to the office after your child has missed school and contact the school office, 740-654-1632, if your child will not be at school for any reason.
Home and School:
- Cristy’s Pizza Cards only $25 for SIX buy one, get one FREE pizza sticker coupons. Please contact Eileen Gundelfinger at 740-277-7063 to purchase. Please make checks payable to Cristy’s Pizza.
- KROGER REWARDS: Not registered? Please consider registering your Kroger Plus Card. Go to Kroger’s website and click on Community! Log in, and click on “my account”. If you scroll all the way down you will find “rewards”. Simply enter our number “83479” and that’s it! You and St Mary can earn money.
- Want to get a SCRIP casual day pass for your child? Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month to earn casual day passes for the following month. Meijer is currently paying 5%. They offered a 1% bonus during the month of December and have extended it through the end of January. We will be placing another order to stock up at the 5%, so you will continue to earn the bonus 1% until all cards have been sold. All orders placed for Meijer in the past month have been earning the 5%. Buy gift cards for items you are already going to purchase, and the school earns a portion of the card amount. We will be processing SCRIP on Monday mornings, in the Copy Room (beside the Spirit Store case, across from the gym). Click here for an order form, and you can send your order in ahead of time with your child, or stop in Mondays 8:00-10:00, and Friday after school 2:15-3:00. Questions? Call Judy McGonagle 740-215-8456 or Amy Conrad 740-438-0689, or email: email@example.com.
- Be sure to check your child’s classroom announcements through your SchoolSpeak account each week!
- Please be prompt when paying your bill. Payments are due each Monday and WILL BE charged a $10 late fee for each week payment is late. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
From Our Parish:
- We might be familiar with different aspects of the Catholic faith, but how does it all fit together? And what difference does it make for our lives? Symbolon: The Catholic Faith Explainedopens up the “big picture” of the Catholic faith in a way that helps us know it, live it and articulate it to others. Symbolon sessions will be held in the Spirit Center from 10:00-11:00am on Sundays (1/24, 3/6, 4/10, 4/24, 5/1, 5/22). Coffee will be provided. No registration required. All are welcome!
- The next gathering of Sandwich Saturday will be January 23 at 8:00am in the Spirit Center. Come join us for fellowship while we feed the hungry in our community! Donations are always welcome (we have enough baggies). Mark your calendars for future dates; February 27, March 19, April 23, and May 21 all starting at 8:00AM. Call Alishia Snoke at 740-407-5870 with any questions.
- Fisher Catholic High School Annual Spaghetti Dinner Sunday, January 24 from 12:00-6:00pm at Fisher Catholic High School! Adult meal $7.00. Kids 12 and under $5.00. Authentic spaghetti dinner served with salad, rolls, and dessert. Dine in or carry out. Tickets available at the door. All proceeds benefit Fisher Catholic Athletics.
- Bernadette MARDI GRAS Saturday, February 6, 5:00pm-10:00pm! Mardi Gras is the largest fundraiser for St. Bernadette school. Please be generous in supporting this awesome fundraiser! The funds raised go towards school improvements, tuition assistance, classroom programs, educational experiences, and more at St. Bernadette! Donations of auction items (children’s auction, adult auction, and live auction) as well as monetary donations are welcome, and raffle tickets are on sale now! See the attached flier for more information!
- Parents of 8th grade students: The Fairfield County Foundation is accepting applications for the Shelly Strigle Memorial Scholarship for the 2016-2017 school year. The scholarship covers partial tuition for Fisher Catholic High School. Applications are available in the St. Mary School office.
- Spring Trivia Night coming March 12, 6:30pm-9:30pm at St. John, Logan! Get your team together for a night of fun, food, drinks, and trivia. Form a team of 6 or join a team the night of the event. Enjoy pub-style food and a “donation” bar while competing for prizes and bragging rights. Raffles, prizes, and a silent auction between trivia rounds. Mast of Ceremonies, Fr. William Hahn. Space is limited! $15.00 per person or $80.00 for a team of 6. Contact Jim Hahn for tickets or information ~ 380-0395 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Proceeds go towards the St. John Catholic Youth Summer Camp fund!
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder News to the school secretary by 2:30pm on Tuesday.