St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
January 18, 2017
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up to date information.
Attachments in this Issue:
- Per school policy, your tuition account must be up to date today in order for your child’s progress report to be released.
- Today – Progress reports, Spirit Day/White Out for our home games (follow Spirit Day dress code or wear the white out shirt ordered through our basketball team)
- Next Thursday, January 26 – Preschool Donuts with Dad
- Next Friday, January 27 – Spirit Day
From the Principal’s Office:
- The Diocesan Office of Religious Education and Catechesis is hosting a free session presented by Sr. Janet Schaeffler, OP titled “Families of Prayer, Communities of Care” on Wednesday, January 25 at St. Matthew Church in Gahanna (in the St. Anthony Room) from 7:00-8:30pm. Sister Janet will provide practical suggestions for parents, grandparents, catechists and parish communities encouraging family prayer and community involvement. Sister Janet will also give practical steps to help individuals of all ages achieve authentic faith. Reservations are not required but are encouraged to ensure that everyone receives handouts. For more information and to register please follow this link.
- Support St. Mary School any time and any place you shop online by going through goodsearch.com or goodshop.com and designating St Mary Catholic Elementary School as your charity!
- Christy’s Pizza Cards for sale! SIX buy one get one free sticker coupons for only $25.00! A portion of the proceeds comes back to our school.
- Order Schwan’s Home Food Service, and a portion of the sales will come back to our E2 Program (Enlighten and Enrichment). This program funds class field trips, COSI on Wheels, and Math, Science, and Art enrichment programs. Follow the link to place your order today: https://www.schwans-cares.com/campaigns/29090.
- Purchase gift cards from our SCRIP program and a portion of the card amount will go towards your tuition! Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month and earn a casual day pass for your child the following month. To buy your gift cards send your order into school on Mondays OR stop in the copy room by 10:00am on Mondays. Call Judy McGonagle 740-215-8456 or Amy Conrad 740-438-0689 with questions, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Home and School:
- New Spirit Store items available for these cold days! Irish blankets, headbands, and hats! Order yours today! Please email any questions to email@example.com.
- Home and School Officer positions available for Nomination: President and Treasurer , 2- year term beginning this May. Please contact Eileen Gundelfinger for more information. E2 Coordinator Assistant position available. Are you talented at introducing and incorporating extracurricular activities to our student body? We are looking for someone to help schedule COSI on Wheels, Art & Clay, Alley Park, and other enrichment activities (to name a few). Please contact Jayne Bryant (E2 Coordinator)or Eileen Gundelfinger.
- VOLUNTEERS ARE FABULOUS!!! St. Mary sign ups for Volunteer opportunities at https://www.saintmarylancaster.com/volunteer-opportunities/
- 2017 SMS Computer Club! The St. Mary Computer Club will be forming soon. Any student in grades 4-6 who would like to spend some extra time learning about programming and coding is welcome to attend. This year we will be using the Scratch programming platform which will allow us to be able to not only learn new coding techniques, but to also share and collaborate with others. The Computer Club will meet on the following days from 3-4 p.m:
May 2 and
If your student is interested, please have them stop by the computer lab and let Mrs. Corcoran know. We will have to limit the group to 30, due to the number of computers in the lab.
- The St. Mary Boys Basketball teams will host a white out today when they play Harvest Prep at home. Wear your St. Mary white out shirt or something white to support our teams! DISCOUNT ADMISSION RATES TONIGHT ~ Adults wearing white tonight will be admitted for the student rate of $3.00 and students wearing white tonight will be admitted for only $1.00! Go Irish!
From the Parish:
- Calling all women! “Walking with Purpose,” a new women’s ministry at our parish, begins January 19. Please see the church bulletin for more information!
- Men! Make a brand new resolution to join the men already attending “That Man is You” at St. Mary Parish. “That Man is You” men will be available after all Masses this weekend in the main vestibules taking registrations, or register online at www.thatmanisyou.org.
- 9 Days for Life! Join thousands of Catholics across the country coming together in prayer during the Bishop’s pro-life novena Saturday, January 21-Sunday, January 29. Participate through text, Facebook, or a free app! (www.usccb.org/about/pro-life -activities/january-roe-events/nine-days-of-prayer- penance-and pilgrimage.cfm)
- World Marriage Day Celebration! Heavy hors d’oeuvres and light spirits for all married and engaged couples regardless of faith affiliation. $30.00/couple all inclusive. Saturday, January 28 in the Spirit Center 7:00-10:00pm. DJ Johnny Garber, newlywed games, wedding photos slideshow, and prizes! Contact Eileen Gundelfinger at 740-277-7063 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mark Your Calendars for CAKE BINGO! Sunday, February 19 1:00-3:00pm in the Spirit Center. Cost is $5 per person/ $15 per family (max) which includes unlimited Bingo, pizza, beverages, and snacks. Small raffle prizes available for 25¢ per ticket. This event is open to all community members regardless of school or church affiliation. Please contact Eileen Gundelfinger if you’d like to donate a cake or two or small raffle prizes. This is fun for the whole family!
- Fisher Catholic Annual Spaghetti Dinner this Sunday, January 22 from 12:00-6:00pm at Fisher Catholic High School. Adults $7.00, kids 12 and under $5.00. Authentic spaghetti dinner served with salad, rolls, and dessert. Dine in or carry out. Tickets available at the door. Proceeds benefit Fisher Catholic Athletics.
- FREE Fisher Catholic Football Speed Training every Saturday (starting January 28) for high school AND middle school athletes! See the attachment for more information!
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder to the school secretary by 2:30pm on Tuesdays.