St. Mary School
Thursday Folder News
Visit our website at www.saintmarylancaster.com for up-to-date information.
- Is your tuition account up to date? A reminder that tuition payments are due by THIS FRIDAY. Tuition accounts must be up to date this month in order for your child’s progress report to be released, per school policy. Thank you!
- NO SCHOOL MONDAY, FEBRUARY 18!
- MIDDLE SCHOOL VISIT DAY MOVED TO TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 2! Due to a meeting that requires principal attendance, and after consulting with both St. Bernadette and St. John, we found it necessary to move our middle school visit day to Tuesday, February 2. We’re looking forward to welcoming the St. Bernadette fifth graders, the St. John sixth graders, our very own St. Mary fifth graders, and other visiting students!
- Our St. Mary Parish Middle School Youth Group is starting! There will be a parent informational meeting for Middle School Youth Ministry on Wednesday, January 20 in the Spirit Center at 7:00pm. For more information please contact Alec Scheuer at (740) 653-0997 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Exciting Preschool News! We are thrilled to announce that we will be adding a new afternoon session to our St. Mary Preschool Program next year! More information about the class, including hours and registration, will be shared soon!
From the Principal’s Office:
- Our students will be taking their mid-year STAR assessments through the end of next week. The STAR assessments are one of the tools that your child’s teacher uses to monitor growth throughout the year and determine appropriate instructional levels and skills that he/she is ready to learn. St. Mary School is using the STAR Early Literacy assessment, the STAR Reading assessment, and the STAR Math assessment. The faculty has been dedicating some of their in-service time over the past year to reviewing and learning more about the STAR programs and reports. We will be sending home the STAR parent reports with the youngest and only child in each family at the end of January.
- Please remember to send an excuse note to the office after your child has missed school and contact the school office, 740-654-1632, if your child will not be at school for any reason.
Home and School:
- Cristy’s Pizza Cards only $25 for SIX buy one, get one FREE pizza sticker coupons. Please contact Eileen Gundelfinger at 740-277-7063 to purchase. Please make checks payable to Cristy’s Pizza.
- It’s time to print your quarterly statement for the Kroger Community Rewards. Please send in a copy of your statement that shows your rewards contribution for St. Mary School and we will add it to your account. Make sure your name is on the statement so we can add it to the right account.
- KROGER REWARDS: Not registered? Please consider registering your Kroger Plus Card. Go to Kroger’s website and click on Community! Log in, and click on “my account”. If you scroll all the way down you will find “rewards”. Simply enter our number “83479” and that’s it! You and St Mary can earn money.
- Want to get a SCRIP casual day pass for your child? Buy $200 in SCRIP in one month to earn casual day passes for the following month. You buy gift cards for items you are already going to purchase, and the school earns a portion of the card amount. We will be processing SCRIP on Monday mornings, in the Copy Room (beside the Spirit Store case, across from the gym). Click here for an order form, and you can send your order in ahead of time with your child, or stop in Mondays 8:00-10:00, and Friday after school 2:15-3:00. Questions? Call Judy McGonagle 740-215-8456 or Amy Conrad 740-438-0689, or email: email@example.com
- Be sure to check your child’s classroom announcements through your SchoolSpeak account each week!
- Please be prompt when paying your bill. Payments are due each Monday and WILL BE charged a $10 late fee for each week payment is late. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
From Our Parish:
- We might be familiar with different aspects of the Catholic faith, but how does it all fit together? And what difference does it make for our lives? Symbolon: The Catholic Faith Explainedopens up the “big picture” of the Catholic faith in a way that helps us know it, live it and articulate it to others. Symbolon sessions will be held in the Spirit Center from 10:00-11:00am on Sundays (1/17, 1/24, 3/6, 4/10, 4/24, 5/1, 5/22). Coffee will be provided. No registration required. All are welcome!
- The next gathering of Sandwich Saturday will be January 23 at 8:00am in the Spirit Center. Come join us for fellowship while we feed the hungry in our community! Donations are always welcome (we have enough baggies). Mark your calendars for future dates; February 27, March 19, April 23, and May 21 all starting at 8:00AM. Call Alishia Snoke at 740-407-5870 with any questions.
- Fisher Catholic High School Annual Spaghetti Dinner Sunday, January 24 from 12:00-6:00pm at Fisher Catholic High School! Adult meal $7.00. Kids 12 and under $5.00. Authentic spaghetti dinner served with salad, rolls, and dessert. Dine in or carry out. Tickets available at the door. All proceeds benefit Fisher Catholic Athletics.
- Parents of 8th grade students: The Fairfield County Foundation is accepting applications for the Shelly Strigle Memorial Scholarship for the 2016-2017 school year. The scholarship covers partial tuition for Fisher Catholic High School. Applications are available in the St. Mary School office.
Please send announcements for the Thursday Folder News to the school secretary by 2:30pm on Tuesday.